King of Rock (song)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"King of Rock"|
|Single by Run–D.M.C.|
|from the album King of Rock|
|Released||January 15, 1985|
|Label||Profile, 4th & B'way Records|
|Songwriter(s)||D. McDaniels, J. Mizel, J. Simmons, L. Smith, R. Simmons|
|Producer(s)||Larry Smith, Russell Simmons, Roddey Hui|
|Run–D.M.C. singles chronology|
"King of Rock" is a 1985 single by Run–D.M.C. and the title track from their album King of Rock. It was featured on the video games Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and is a downloadable track on Rock Band 3. The song was sampled for Michael Jackson's song "2 Bad" and was performed by the group at the 1985 Live Aid concert. Eddie Martinez is the song's lead guitarist and appears in the video.
The music video featured Calvert DeForest as a security guard.
References in popular culture
- "King of Rock" is heard in the 2010 movie Cop Out.
- The Beastie Boys' song "Shame In Your Game" from the album Hello Nasty includes the lyrics "I'm the king of Boggle, there is none higher/I get eleven points from the word quagmire," a reference to the opening lines of "King of Rock."
- 7" - Profile (US)
- "King of Rock" – 4:38
- "King of Rock (Instrumental)" – 4:10
- 12" - Profile (US)
- "King of Rock" – 6:15
- "King of Rock (Instrumental)" – 6:34
|UK Singles Chart||80|
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||8|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||14|
|US Billboard Dance Music/Club Play Singles||40|
- Christian, Chris (August 1996). "Various Artists: Operation Beatbox". Sonic Boom. 4 (7). Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "The Official Charts Company - Run–D.M.C. discography". The Official Charts Company. 6 May 2013.
- "Run-D.M.C. Chart Positions". AllMusic. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
|This hip hop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|