King of Rus'
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
King of Ruthenia', King of Galicia and Volhynia, King of Poland and Ruthenia, Land of Ruthenia Lord and Heir (Latin: Rex Rusiae, Rex Galiciae et Lodomeriae, Rex Polonie et Russie, Terre Russie Domin et Heres) was a title of princes of Galicia and Volhynia, which granted by the Roman Pope.
The title was initially issued to the ruling Izyaslavichi branch of Rurik dynasty of Volhynia. Later the title was passed on to Romanovichi as rulers of united Duchy of Galicia and Volhynia. By the 15th century the title was used as a claim by other royal houses.
List of kings of Ruthenia
Kings of Kievan Ruthenia
Kings of Ruthenian kingdom (Kingdom of Ruthenia)
- Danylo I of Halych, king of Ruthenia (1253–1264).
- Lev I of Halych, king of Ruthenia (1293–1301), moved the capital from Kholm to Lviv in 1272.
- Yuri I of Halych, prince of Halych-Volhynia (1301–1308)
- Andrew II of Halych (Volhynia) and Lev II of Halych (Galicia), the last Ruthenian kings
- Boleslav Yuri II of Halych, married Maria co-ruler of Galicia (1325–1340) Maria was Andrew's and Leo's sister
- Dmytro Dedko, Lord of Ruthenia, Prince of Galicia (1340-1349)
- Liubartas, married Euphemia (Hanna-Buch), co-ruler of Volhynia (1323–1366), prince of eastern Volhynia (1366–1384) Euphemia was Andrew's and Leo's sister
- Casimir III the Great, King of Poland (1333–1370), Lord of Ruthenia (1349-1370)
After the death of Boleslav-Yuri II of Halych, Galicia–Volhynia Wars ensued which resulted in Galicia gradually being annexed by the Kingdom of Poland, between 1349 and 1366, during the reign of Casimir III of Poland.
Kings of Galicia and Lodomeria (Kingdom of Hungary)
- Andrew II of Hungary, the son of Béla III of Hungary, the first nominal king of Galicia who, as a Hungarian prince, reigned from 1188 to 1190.
- Coloman of Galicia-Lodomeria (Kálmán), the first king of Galicia and Lodomeria, lat. Rex Galiciae et Lodomeriae (1215–1219) and his wife Salomea of Poland, Reges Galiciae et Lodomeriae
- Andrew (András), the younger brother of Coloman, Hungarian prince, king of Galicia and Lodomeria (1219–1221)
- Louis I of Hungary, King of Hungary (1342–1382), King of Poland (1370–1382), incorporated Galicia to Hungary
- Kings of Poland, 1387–1772
- Maria Theresa of Austria Holy Roman Empress, 1772–1780
- Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1780–1790
- Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1790–1792
- Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1792–1835
- Ferdinand I of Austria, 1835–1848
- Franz Joseph I of Austria, 1848–1916
- Charles I of Austria, 1916–1918
|This Ukrainian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|