Kinga Baranowska, 2016
Kinga Baranowska (born 17 November 1975 in Wejherowo) is a Polish mountaineer. She made ascents of eight eight-thousanders and is the first Polish woman to have climbed Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Kangchenjunga. She currently lives in Warsaw.
Baranowska summited her first eight-thousander, Cho Oyu, in 2003. She failed on an attempt to reach one of the most difficult seven-thousanders, Jengish Chokusu in Tian-Shan range. In 2006, she successfully reached the top of Broad Peak. On June 11, 2007, she summited Mount McKinley, following this up just five weeks later - on July 18 - with a successful climb of Nanga Parbat. One year later, she summited Dhaulagiri (May 1, 2008) – her first attempt to reach the summit from north-east face, in September 2007, failed.
Baranowska summited Dhaulagiri along with other prominent climbers on May 1, 2008. Fellow summitters included: Ivan Vallejo (his 14th 8000er), Ferrán Latorre, Nacho Orviz, Fernando Gonzalez-Rubio, Edurne Pasaban (her 10th 8000er), Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner (her 11th 8000er), David Göttler, Carlos Pauner (his 8th 8000er), Marta Alejandre, Asier izaguirre, Alex Txicon, Muptu Sherpa and Kinga Baranowska Dhaulagiri in 40 km/h winds, thunder and lightning on the summit.
On 18 May 2009, Baranowska became the first Polish woman (Alpinus Expedition Team, KW Warsaw) to summit Kangchenjunga (8586 m), which is located on the India-Nepal border. Kangchenjunga has been summited in high winds - however, descent on Kang is reportedly very difficult.
Baranowska is the first Polish female climber to reach the collective summits of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Kangchenjunga. Baranowska's summits include: Cho Oyu (8201 m) - October, 2003; Broad Peak (8047 m) - July 22, 2006 - the 11th female ascent; Nanga Parbat (8125 m) July 18, 2007; Dhaulagiri (8167 m) May 1, 2008; Manaslu (8156 m) October 5, 2008; Kangchenjunga (8586 m) May 18, 2009; Annapurna (8091 m) April 27, 2010; Lhotse (8516 m) May 25, 2012; Gasherbrum II (8035 m) July 17, 2015. She attempted Makalu (8481 m) in May 2013, but failed to reach summit due to early monsoon.
She climbs without the use of supplemental oxygen.
- Mounteverest.net, "Himalaya wrap-up: Everest w/o 02, Kinga and more"
- Wspinacze.pl, "Kinga Baranowska zdobyła Kangchenjungę" (Kinga Baranowska conquers Kangchenjunga), May 18th, 2009, 
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-18. Retrieved 2010-03-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-29. Retrieved 2013-06-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Odznaczenia na Kasprowym Wierchu". Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- Official site of Kinga Baranowska
- First Polish woman to climb Kanchenjunga
- Kinga Baranowska - famous Polish climber. /Version english and polish/
- Kinga Baranowska, first Polish woman to reach the summit of Kangchenjunga.
- Kinga Baranowska summit Manaslu. Kinga Baranowska pierwszą Polką na Manaslu. /Version english and polish/
- Kinga Baranowska summited Dhaulagiri. Kinga Baranowska pierwszą Polką na DHAULAGIRI! /Version english and polish/
- Kinga Baranowska summited Dhaulagiri 2008 - photo gallery.
- Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner summited Dhaulagiri. Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner zdobyła Dhaulagiri. /Version english and polish/
- "Kinga Baranowska", Travelers World[permanent dead link]
- Kinga Baranowska Dhaulagiri 2008 - photo gallery Picasa
- Nanga Parbat Alpinus Expedition 2007 - photo gallery Picasa