Kingdom of Desire
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kingdom of Desire|
|Studio album by Toto|
|Released||Sep 7, 1992 (Europe)
May 11, 1993 (USA)
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock, funk rock, funk metal|
Kingdom of Desire is the eighth studio album by Toto, released in 1992. Guitarist Steve Lukather assumed sole lead vocal duties. Drummer Jeff Porcaro died shortly after the making of the album; he was replaced by British drummer Simon Phillips. The album was mixed by Bob Clearmountain.
All songs written by Toto except where noted.
- "Gypsy Train" – 6:45
- "Don't Chain My Heart" – 4:46
- "Never Enough" (Toto, Fee Waybill) – 5:45
- "How Many Times" – 5:42
- "2 Hearts" – 5:13
- "Wings of Time" – 7:27
- "She Knows the Devil" – 5:25
- "The Other Side" (David Paich, R. Kaplan, Billy Sherwood) – 4:41
- "Only You" – 4:28
- "Kick Down The Walls" - 4:54
- "Kingdom of Desire" (Kortchmar) – 7:16
- "Jake to the Bone" – 7:05
- Steve Lukather - guitar, lead & backing vocals
- David Paich - piano, organ, synthesizer, backing vocals
- Mike Porcaro - bass guitar
- Jeff Porcaro - drums, percussion
- Steve Porcaro - keyboards
- John Jessel - additional synthesizer programming
- Lenny Castro - additional percussion on "Never Enough" and "She Knows the Devil"
- Joe Porcaro - additional percussion on "Only You"
- Don Menza - saxophone on "Never Enough"
- Gary Herbig - saxophone on "Never Enough"
- Chuck Findley - trumpet on "Never Enough"
- Jim Keltner - percussion on "The Other Side"
- Chris Trujillo - percussion on "The Other Side"
- John Elefante - backing vocal on "Gypsy Train"
- Phillip Ingram, Fred White, Alex Brown, Angel Rogers - backing vocals on "Don't Chain My Heart"
- Richard Page - backing vocals on "How Many Times", "2 Hearts", and "Wings of Time"
- Steven George - backing vocal on "How Many Times"
- Bobby Womack - backing vocal on "She Knows the Devil"
Catalogue: Relativity 1181
An interesting fact is that the lyrics printed on the cassette liner or in the CD booklet have the second chorus of each song translated into a foreign language - German (track 1), Japanese (track 2), Italian (track 3), Swedish (track 4), French (track 5), Dutch (tracks 6 and 9), Danish (track 7), Spanish (track 8), Portuguese (track 10) and Russian (track 11, in the latter case as poetry of decent quality).
- Don't Chain My Heart / Jake To the Bone
- Don't Chain My Heart / Jake To the Bone / I'll be over you (live) (CD)
- Only You / Gypsy Train
- Only You / Gypsy Train / The Seventh One (CD)
- 2 Hearts / How Many Times
- 2 Hearts / How Many Times / Never Enough (CD/12")
- The Other Side / How many times