Kingman Air Force Station
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kingman Air Force Station|
|Part of Air Defense Command (ADC)|
Location of Kingman AFS, Arizona
|Type||Air Force Station|
|Controlled by||United States Air Force|
|Garrison||659th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron|
For the World War II training base, see Kingman Airport (Arizona).
Air Force units and assignments
- 659th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron, Assigned 22 June 1955
- Activated at Norton AFB, California on 20 June 1953
- Inactivated on 15 August 1958
- 27th Air Division, 22 June 1955 – 15 August 1958
- Cornett, Lloyd H. and Johnson, Mildred W., A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization 1946 - 1980, Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center, Peterson AFB, CO (1980).
- Winkler, David F. & Webster, Julie L., Searching the Skies, The Legacy of the United States Cold War Defense Radar Program, US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories, Champaign, IL (1997).
- Information for Kingman AFS, AZ