Kings Point, Florida
|Kings Point, Florida|
Location of Kings Point, Florida
|• Total||1.8 sq mi (4.7 km2)|
|• Land||1.8 sq mi (4.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||16 ft (5 m)|
|• Density||6,698.5/sq mi (2,586.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867160|
Kings Point is located at (26.446044, -80.139715).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.7 km² (1.8 mi²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 12,207 people, 7,998 households, and 3,599 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,589.6/km² (6,698.5/mi²). There were 10,494 housing units at an average density of 2,226.2/km² (5,758.5/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.10% White (98.1% were non-Hispanic white),  0.27% African American, 0.04% Native American, 0.18% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.08% from other races, and 0.32% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.13% of the population.
There were 7,998 households, out of which 0.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.0% were married couples living together, 2.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 55.0% were non-families. 52.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 47.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.51 and the average family size was 2.05.
Of the residents, 0.2% were under the age of 18, 0.2% were 18 to 24, 1.8% were 25 to 44, 9.6% were 45 to 64, and 88.1% were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 78 years. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 67.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $25,010, and the median income for a family was $34,761. Males had a median income of $35,275 versus $25,714 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $21,893. About 4.0% of families and 7.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 7.0% of those age 65 or over.
- Kings Point, an Oscar-nominated documentary about seniors living in Kings Point
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Kings Point, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-25. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Kings Point, Florida". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-12-12.