|Kings Worthy shown within Hampshire|
4,435 (2011 Census)
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
St Mary's Church
The parish church is at the heart of the community. A traditional village church, St Mary's caters to a wide range of worshippers from Anglo-Catholics to those of a more evangelical persuasion. The church is particularly welcoming to families, with a dedicated room for younger children, known as the Little Fishes room. A highlight of the church calendar is the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols. One of the best attended services of the year, this celebration of Christmas follows a traditional format with a wide selection of choir items, congregational carols and readings.
Eversley Park is the local recreation ground, with playground/fitness equipment and football pitches and a basketball/football court.
The Jubilee Hall on London Road is home to amateur dramatics group, The Worthy Players, who have been treading the boards in the village since 1973. A versatile group, the Players have performed pantomimes, comedies, farces, thrillers, music hall, serious plays and much more over more than 40 years.
The main road (Springvale Road) is fairly busy, and is served by regular buses going to the centre of Winchester. The main bus route serving the village is known as Springvale, or simply "The Spring", and is operated by Stagecoach. The parish is crossed by the A33, which merges with the A34 immediately to the south. Kings Worthy formerly had a station on the Didcot, Newbury and Southampton Railway. It was by-passed to the west by the London and South Western Railway (the surviving main line) and to the north by the Alton, Alresford and Winchester Railway, part of which survives to the east as the Watercress Line.
Worthys Conservation Volunteers is the local group of practical conservationists working on the third Sunday of each month to care for the wildlife and natural environment in and around the village and The Worthys.
Cllr Robert Johnston (Lib Dem) and Cllr Jane Rutter (Lib Dem) represent Kings Worthy on Winchester City Council.
- Anon The Kings Worthy Panel (available from the church)
- Johnston, David Saints and Pilgrims: The Story of St. Mary's Church, Kings Worthy 2009
- Johnston, David Every Window Tells a Story (Fuller account of St. Mary's Church stained glass windows)
- "Parish Headcounts, Area: Kings Worthy CP (includes Abbots worthy)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. 2001. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- Programme for The Militants, April/May 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kings Worthy.|