Kings of Suburbia
|Kings of Suburbia|
|Studio album by Tokio Hotel|
October 3, 2014 (Germany) |
October 6, 2014 (worldwide)
39:00 (standard edition) |
52:52 (deluxe editions)
|Tokio Hotel chronology|
|Singles from Kings of Suburbia|
Kings of Suburbia is the fifth studio album by German band Tokio Hotel. It was released by Island Records on October 3, 2014 in Germany and October 6 worldwide. Unlike their previous work which was released in both German and English, Kings of Suburbia was only released in English. The album is available at retail and online stores. There are four versions available at retail stores and Amazon.com [standard edition (11 tracks), deluxe edition (15 tracks and a DVD disc), vinyl deluxe edition (15 tracks in two vinyl discs) and limited super deluxe edition (a box set of a deluxe edition disc, a DVD disc, two deluxe edition vinyl discs, a cassette with two "Devilish" demo songs and a photo-book)]. There is only deluxe edition available at iTunes and Google Play Music which comes with a bonus video of an interview with the band.
On September 3, 2014 Bill Kaulitz posted the cover, name and release date of Kings of Suburbia on his Instagram page. Tokio Hotel announced on their Facebook page that one new song would be available on iTunes each Friday from September 12 until the release of the album on October 3.
On September 9 the band posted on their YouTube channel a video teaser of the first promotional single from Kings of Suburbia called "Run, Run, Run", while the full video was released on September 12. In the video, which is in black and white, Bill Kaulitz is seen singing seated while Tom Kaulitz is playing the piano. The video was directed by Gianluca Fellini.
On September 17 Tokio Hotel announced on their Facebook page that the second promotional single would be "Girl Got a Gun". The song was released on September 19, while a music video for it, directed by Kris Moyes, was released on September 23.
Evolution of style
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Kings of Suburbia was recorded entirely in English, a first for the band. The genre is a mix of electronic and pop. As twins Bill and Tom Kaulitz composed and recorded in Los Angeles, the album shows the influence of the city's nightlife. Most of the songs were written by the band and the entire album was mixed and produced by Tom Kaulitz. Most songs were written on a computer but live instruments were added to get the sound they wanted.
All tracks written by Tom Kaulitz and Bill Kaulitz; additional co-writers listed below.
|1.||"Feel It All"||Joacim Persson, David Jost||4:00|
|2.||"Stormy Weather"||Dave Roth, Patrick Benzner, Jost||3:29|
|3.||"Run, Run, Run"||Persson, Ry Cuming, Jost, Johan Alkenäs||3:25|
|4.||"Love Who Loves You Back"||Antonina Armato, Tim James, Jost, Thomas Armato Sturges||3:49|
|5.||"Covered in Gold"||Roth, Benzner, Jost||4:29|
|6.||"Girl Got a Gun"||Roth, Benzner, Jost||2:46|
|7.||"Kings of Suburbia"||Roth, Benzner||3:23|
|8.||"We Found Us"||Roth, Benzner||3:23|
|10.||"Never Let You Down"||Roth, Benzner||3:13|
|11.||"Louder Than Love"||Armato, James, Jost||3:35|
|13.||"Dancing in the Dark"||Roth, Benzner||3:27|
|14.||"The Heart Get No Sleep"||Persson, Jost, Sebastian Arman||3:49|
|15.||"Great Day"||Roth, Benzner||3:19|
|iTunes Deluxe Edition|
|16.||"The Intimate Interview 'Time That We Have the Talk' (Video)"||24:20|
|Germany||October 3, 2014||Island/Polydor|
|Worldwide||October 6, 2014||Island/Polydor|
|United States||November 24, 2014||De-Code LTD|
|Austria Albums Chart||8||Gold|
|Belgium (Wallonia) Albums Chart||13||Platinum|
|Belgium (Flanders) Albums Chart||23||Gold|
|Czech Republic Albums Chart||15|
|France Albums Chart||12|
|Germany Albums Chart||2|
|Italy Albums Chart||5|
|Netherlands Albums Chart||23|
|Portugal Albums Chart||27|
|Russian Albums Chart||5||Gold|
|Spain Albums Chart||17|
|Switzerland Albums Chart||11|
|World Albums Top 40||17|
- "iTunes - Musik - ,,Kings Of Suburbia (Deluxe Version)" von Tokio Hotel". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Tokio Hotel: Kings Of Suburbia - Music on Google Play". Archived from the original on 2014-10-14. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "Photo by billkaulitz". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "One song each Friday". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Tokio Hotel - Run, Run, Run - YouTube". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Girl Got a Gun Release Date". Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Bill Kaulitz (@billkaulitz) - Instagram photos and videos". Retrieved 2015-02-24.
- "TOKIO HOTEL "Feel It All" - Event Associated Music". Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- "Tokio Hotel TV 2014 [EP 04] 'Change The Band Name to…?' - YouTube". Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Music Industry Trends & Analysing". Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Tokio Hotel - Photos - Facebook". Retrieved 2014-10-14.
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Austria)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Belgium)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Belgium)
- Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Czech Republic) Archived 2013-05-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (France)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Germany)
- "Artisti - Classifica settimanale WK 41 (dal 06-10-2014 al 12-10-2014)" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Archived from the original on 16 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Netherlands)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Portugal)
- Tokio Hotel - Kings Of Suburbia (Spain)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia (Switzerland)
- Tokio Hotel – Kings Of Suburbia World Charts