Kingsgrove railway station
Westbound view in December 2011
|Location||Kingsgrove Avenue, Kingsgrove|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||12.62 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||21 September 1931|
Kingsgrove station opened on 21 September 1931 when the East Hills line opened from Tempe to East Hills. It was the original terminus of the double track electrified section from Tempe. Until 1939, passengers transferred at Kinsgrove to a CPH railmotor or steam service to continue their journey towards East Hills. The line was duplicated and electrified beyond Kingsgrove in 1948.
In 2000, as part of the quadruplication of the line from Wolli Creek to just west of Kingsgrove station, through lines were added on either side of the existing pair. A headshunt was provided to the west of the station in association with this project, this is used by terminating services. In 2013, the quadruplication was extended to Revesby as part of the Rail Clearways Program.
On 6 October 2000, an eight car Tangara derailed at low speed near Kingsgrove station causing the rear three carriages to topple onto their side. The derailment was caused by a track buckling as a result of high temperatures. Ten people were hospitalised.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport||also used by commencing services|
|2||services to Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur||also used by terminating services|
The station is accessible with one lift from the west side of Kingsgrove Road to the single island platform.
Sydney Buses operate four routes via Kingsgrove station:
- 490: Drummoyne to Hurstville via Rodd Point, Five Dock, Burwood, Croydon Park, Campsie
- 492: Drummoyne to Rockdale via Five Dock, Burwood, Croydon Park, Campsie
- 493: Rockdale to Roselands Shopping Centre via Beverly Hills, Bexley North
- 495: to Bexley North
Transdev NSW operates one route to and from Kingsgrove station:
- Various other routes in the early morning that do not normally commence at Kingsgrove Depot.
- 423: to Martin Place via Earlwood, Marrickville, Enmore, Newtown, The University of Sydney and Railway Square
- L23 (PrePay Only): to Martin Place 
- 490: Drummoyne to Hurstville (Limited services) 
- 492: Drummoyne to Rockdale (Limited services) 
- Kingsgrove Station NSWrail.net
- Kingsgrove Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Kingsgrove derailment report released Ministry of Transport 13 July 2001
- Sydney Train Derailment Emergency Management Australia
- "T2: Airport line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 490 and 492 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- "Route 493 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- "Route 495 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010 [Reprinted June 2014].
- "Route 455 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW
- "Routes 423, L23 and 426 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 28 January 2015.