|Founded||Ireland (late 1960s)|
|Headquarters||Kingscourt, Co Cavan, Ireland|
|Eugene Murtagh, Chairman
Gene Murtagh, CEO
|Products||Insulated panels and facades, Insulation, Structural, Solar and Renewables Engineered Timber Systems, Access Floors, Wind Turbines, Septic Tanks|
|Revenue||€ 3,108.5 million (2016)|
|€ 328.3 million (2016)|
|€ 255.4 million (2016)|
Founded in the 1960s by Eugene Murtagh, the company floated on the Irish Stock Exchange in 1989 with a value of IR£20m. It expanded into insulated panels and rigid insulation board via numerous greenfield plants, and acquisitions including the European insulation arm of CRH plc in 2010 and the construction division of ThyssenKrupp Steel in 2012. The year 2010 showed the first growth in sales for three years.
In August 2012 the company announced the acquisition of Rigidal Industries.
Its operating units are as follows:
- Insulated Panels and Façades
- Access Floors
- Solar & Renewables
- HVAC, Building Services, Petrochemical, Process and LNG Pipe Insulation Products and Systems
- Light + Air
- "Preliminary Results 2016" (PDF). Kingspan. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Murtagh takes bumpy ride east with Kingspan". The Irish Times. 28 May 2004. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Kingspan acquires CRH insulation unit for €120m". Independent.ie. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Kingspan buys ThyssenKrupp Construction". Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Kingspan sees first growth in three years". RTE.ie. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- CW Staff. "Kingspan acquires Rigidal of Dubai in $38.6m deal". Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- Kingspan: Featured products
- "Kingspan acquires Bristolite Daylighting Systems" (PDF).