Kingston Springs, Tennessee
|Kingston Springs, Tennessee|
Location of Kingston Springs, Tennessee
|• Total||9.8 sq mi (25.3 km2)|
|• Land||9.8 sq mi (25.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||522 ft (159 m)|
|• Density||283.7/sq mi (109.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1290262|
Kingston Springs is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 9.8 square miles (25 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,773 people, 983 households, and 809 families residing in the town. The population density was 283.7 people per square mile (109.6/km2). There were 1,015 housing units at an average density of 103.9 per square mile (40.1/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.44% White, 0.87% African American, 0.36% Native American, 0.54% Asian, 0.40% from other races, and 0.40% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.54% of the population.
There were 983 households out of which 43.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.1% were married couples living together, 8.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.7% were non-families. 13.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 33.1% from 25 to 44, 25.5% from 45 to 64, and 6.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 98.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.5 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $58,490, and the median income for a family was $60,125. Males had a median income of $41,543 versus $30,650 for females. The per capita income for the town was $24,519. About 5.9% of families and 8.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.0% of those under age 18 and 7.4% of those age 65 or over.
Kingston Springs is governed by a city commission. Currently the commissioner are Tony Gross, Gary Corlew, Gordon Lampley, Glenn Remick, and Bob Stohler. Tony Gross serves as the mayor, and Bob Stohler is the vice-mayor.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing: Decennial Censuses". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Kingston Springs Fire Department - Volunteer.
- SCPL - South Cheatham Public Library.
- KingstonSprings.net - Town Website.
- KingstonSprings.org - Local news and events for the Kingston Springs community.
- South Cheatham Advocate - Weekly print newspaper.