Towers in Kingsview
|Changed Municipality||1998 Toronto from Etobicoke|
|• MP||Ted Opitz (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• MPP||Yvan Baker (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• Councillor||John Campbell (Ward 4 Etobicoke Centre)|
Kingsview Village is a neighbourhood in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the north end of the former city of Etobicoke, and is bounded on the north by Highway 401, on the east by the Humber River and St. Phillips Road, on the south by Dixon Road. It is relatively close to Toronto Pearson International Airport in Mississauga, and TTC bus routes connect it to the rest of the city.
This neighbourhood is home to a multicultural diverse community originally settled by people from the British Isles that contains among others, a sizable Somali population as well as Italian, Asian, South Asian cultures. It has many religions but Islam is steadily on the increase. From single family homes to high rises, this is a diverse neighbourhood in all aspects.
In some cases, single family homes built in the 1960s are being demolished, their generous sized lots subdivided to allow up to three homes on a parcel of land where one initially stood. Smaller homes may be razed and have a much larger home built on the site. A trend called "monster homes"
Kingsview is a recent name for the residential development north of Dixon Road, on the site of land owned by Ernest Byworth. The name 'Kingsview' is a reference to the neighbourhood's position on high ground.
- Dixon Grove Junior Middle School is a public elementary middle school located at the intersection of The Westway and Kipling Avenue.It was found in 1960 and today has over 800 students.
- Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School
- Kingsview Village Junior School is a public elementary school located close to the intersection of Dixon Road and Islington Avenue. Kingsview Village was opened on December 16, 1956.
- Parkfield Junior School is a public elementary school on Redgrave Drive near The Westway and Martingrove Road. It officially opened on October 21, 1965.
- Transfiguration of Our Lord Catholic Elementary School
- St Maurice Catholic Elementary School
- Westway Junior School is a one level junior school (JK - 5), located east of Kipling Avenue and north of The Westway. The school playground is part of a large public park.
- Westown Shopping Centre
- Wincott Park
- Kingsview Park
- Free Methodist Kingsview Church
- Transfiguration of Our Lord Roman Catholic Church
|Pelmo Park – Humberlea|
|Richview||Humber Heights – Westmount|