Kingsville Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Kingsville Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Location of Kingsville Township in Ashtabula County
|• Total||12.9 sq mi (33.4 km2)|
|• Land||12.8 sq mi (33.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||138/sq mi (53.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||44048, 44068|
|GNIS feature ID||1085730|
Located on the northeastern edge of the county along Lake Erie, it borders the following townships and city:
- Conneaut - northeast
- Monroe Township - southeast
- Sheffield Township - south
- Plymouth Township - southwest
- Ashtabula Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township clerk, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the clerkship or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Doug Reed and members Dennis Huey and Charles Page.
- WZKW, 106.7 FM
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Kingsville township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 260. Retrieved 12 December 2013.