Kingsway/Royal Alex station
|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Opened||September 6, 2015|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
Kingsway/Royal Alex station is an Edmonton Light Rail Transit station in Edmonton, Alberta. It serves the Metro Line. It is located adjacent to the Royal Alexandra Hospital on the north side of Kingsway. The Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre, constructed at the same time, is located next to the station.
Preliminary engineering of the line was completed in July 2009 and construction of the phase from MacEwan station to NAIT station began in the summer of 2011. The line is estimated to cost around $665 million and opened on September 6, 2015.
Around the station
- Central McDougall
- Centre for Education
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kingsway Mall
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Spruce Avenue
- Victoria School of the Arts
Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre
|Platforms||9 bus bays|
|Website||Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre|
|Opened||June 29, 2014|
The Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre is located on the south side of 111 Avenue, east of 106 Street. The transit centre is served by ETS and St. Albert Transit (StAT). It has several amenities including bike racks, public washrooms, a large shelter and a pay phone. There is no park and ride, drop off area and no vending machines at this transit centre.
The transit centre opened on June 29, 2014 and replaced the existing transit centre that was located next to Kingsway Mall.
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Belvedere Transit Centre||125||ETS|
|Century Park Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Coliseum Transit Centre||8, 125, 143||ETS|
|Downtown||8, 9, 12, 309||ETS|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Jasper Place Transit Centre||125||ETS|
|Lakewood Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Millgate Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Mill Woods Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Northgate Transit Centre||9, 12||ETS|
|Southgate Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Stadium Transit Centre||125||ETS|
|St. Albert Centre Exchange||202||StAT|
|St. Albert Village Transit Station||202||StAT|
|Westmount Transit Centre||125||ETS|
The above list does not include LRT services from the adjacent LRT station.
School special routes that arrive/depart from Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre include routes: 731, 822, 837, and 858.
- Ramsay, Caley (September 6, 2015). "After lengthy delay, Metro Line LRT opens to riders". Global News Edmonton. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2017 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. March 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "North LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. Archived from the original on 2011-06-16. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
- "Metro Line Delay FAQ" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 8, 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 13, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre Map" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Magi, Kim (27 June 2014). "Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre set to open Sunday". Edmonton Journal. Archived from the original on 2 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- "Brochures in PDF". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Commuter Routes". City of St. Albert. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "School Service: ETS Trip Planner". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.