Kingsway/Royal Alex LRT Station
|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Opened||September 6, 2015|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
Kingsway/Royal Alex Station is a LRT station on the Metro Line in Edmonton, Alberta. It is located adjacent to the Royal Alexandra Hospital on the north side of Kingsway. The Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre, constructed at the same time, is located next to the station.
Preliminary engineering of the line was completed in July 2009 and construction of the phase from the MacEwan Station to NAIT Station began in the summer of 2011. The line is estimated to cost around $665 million and opened on September 6, 2015.
Around the station
- Central McDougall
- Centre for Education
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kingsway Mall
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Spruce Avenue
- Victoria School of Performing and Visual Arts
Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre
|Platforms||10 bus bays|
|Opened||June 29, 2014|
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Belvedere Transit Centre||125||ETS|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|Northgate Transit Centre||12, 130||ETS|
|Mill Woods Transit Centre||8||ETS|
|Jasper Place Transit Centre||125||ETS|
|Southgate Transit Centre||9||ETS|
|University Transit Centre||130||ETS|
- Ramsay, Caley (September 6, 2015). "After lengthy delay, Metro Line LRT opens to riders". Global News Edmonton. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2015 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. April 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "North LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
- "Metro Line Delay FAQ" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Magi, Kim (June 27, 2014). "Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre set to open Sunday". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved July 2, 2014.