Kinmundy Township, Marion County, Illinois
|Elevation||584 ft (178.0 m)|
|Area||36.98 sq mi (95.8 km2)|
|- land||36.65 sq mi (95 km2)|
|- water||0.33 sq mi (1 km2)|
|Density||32.4/sq mi (12.5/km2)|
|Settled||November 4, 1873|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location in Marion County
Location of Illinois in the United States
Kinmundy Township (T4N R3E) is centered at 38°47'N 88°51'W (38.778, -88.983). It is traversed northeast-southwest by Interstate Route 57, State Route 37 and the East Fork of the Kaskaskia River. The city of Kinmundy is located near the center of the township. According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.98 square miles (95.8 km2), of which 36.65 square miles (94.9 km2) (or 99.11%) is land and 0.33 square miles (0.85 km2) (or 0.89%) is water.
- Lone Grove Township, Fayette County (north)
- LaClede Township, Fayette County (northeast)
- Meacham Township (east)
- Omega Township (southeast)
- Alma Township (south)
- Tonti Township (southwest)
- Foster Township (west)
- Wilberton Township, Fayette County (northwest)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 176.
|This Marion County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|