|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Employment and society
Surrounding Kinnersley is mostly crops and apple orchards which are owned by local cider companies including H. P. Bulmer. The scenery is outstanding, looking towards the Black Mountains and Hereford.
There is a public house, called the Kinnersley Arms, a privately owned castle and a traditional parish church. The petrol station closed in the early 1990s. The main Brecon to Leominster road, the A44 passes through Kinnersley.
Geography and climate
Situated roughly 200 metres above sea level and 2 miles (3.2 km) north of the River Wye, the village is mostly elevated away from the floodplain of the Wye. It has steep hills nearby which almost enclose and shelter Kinnersley. Summers are warm and relatively dry, winters are cool and wet.
Leslie Law, winner of the individual gold medal in the 2004 Summer Olympics grew up here. George Frederick Bodley, winner of the Royal Gold Medal for architecture in 1899, restored and improved St James church in the village over many years after marrying Minna Reaveley in 1872. Minna was a daughter of the family who at that time owned Kinnersley Castle. Bodley is buried in a grade II listed monument in the churchyard.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Ordnance Survey (2007), Hereford and Leominster (Landranger Map 149) (B2 ed.), Ordnance Survey, ISBN 978-0-319-22953-8
- "Ross-on-Wye Civic Society - G. F. Bodley in Herefordshire". Ross-on-Wye & District Civic Society newsletter Spring 2002. Ross-on-Wye Civic Society. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Bodley Monument Church of St James - Kinnersley - Herefordshire - England". British Listed Buildings Online. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Kinnersley Castle - Kinnersley - Herefordshire - England". British Listed Buildings Online. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
Media related to Kinnersley at Wikimedia Commons
- Kinnersley St James church at britainexpress.com
- Ramblings 2014 Tuesday 5th August – Kinnersley Castle at jfarrar.co.uk