|Education||New York University (MS, PhD)|
|Occupation(s)||Yoga teacher, author, entrepreneur|
Kino MacGregor (born September 12, 1977) is an American Ashtanga Yoga teacher, author, entrepreneur, influencer, inspirational speaker, and video producer. When she was 29, K. Pattabhi Jois certified her to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
Early life and education
Kino Anne MacGregor was born and raised in Miami. She is Eurasian of Scottish and Japanese descent. She attended the Palmetto High School, graduating in 1995. She earned a master's degree in interdisciplinary studies and a PhD in holistic health at New York University.
In New York City, she attended her first Ashtanga Mysore style practice while battling depression. She returned to Miami Beach to create a space for the integration of yoga, holistic health and consciousness. She started practicing yoga at the age of 19. After three years of Mysore style and Ashtanga practice, she spent 7 years on trips to Mysore to study Ashtanga Yoga at the K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute. Her Instagram account "KinoYoga", had 1.1 million followers as of January 2019. Her YouTube channel has had over 140 million views since 2011. She is currently practicing Fifth Series (Advanced Series C) within the Ashtanga Yoga method, and Vipassana meditation.
MacGregor has written four books. In 2012, she published a memoir Sacred Fire: My Journey Into Ashtanga Yoga. In 2013, she published The Power of Ashtanga Yoga; a view of the practice interwoven with motivation and guidance. In 2013, she released her first chanting CD, The Mantra Collection Vol. 1. In 2015, she published The Power of Ashtanga Yoga II: The Intermediate Series. Her 2017 The Yogi Assignment: A 30-Day Program for Bringing Yoga Practice and Wisdom to Your Everyday Life, has received positive reviews.
MacGregor is the creator of the Miami Yoga Magazine started in 2012, and the online yoga and holistic platform OmStars in 2017. Together with her husband Tim Feldmann, she opened the yoga studio Miami Life Center in Miami Beach, Florida in 2006.
In 2008, Yoga Journal named MacGregor on its list of top 21 teachers under 40. She has been featured in yoga magazines, newspapers and online platforms speaking openly about her past, her experiences and her public yoga perception.
Teaching locally and internationally, MacGregor leads classes, workshops and retreats in Ashtanga yoga, holistic health and total life transformation.
- "Kino MacGregor". Elle. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Books Archives - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "flipBook". www.miamiyogamagazine.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Miami Life Center - Yoga. Holistic Health. Consciousness". Miami Life Center. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "OMstars - the Yoga Network - Online Yoga Videos, FREE Yoga Challenges, Meditation, Vegan Cooking and Yogi Lifestyle TV". omstars.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "DVDs/CDs Archives - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Ashtanga Yoga DVD - Kino MacGregor". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "North America - SHARATH JOIS". sharathjois.com.
- "Ashtanga Yoga - Kino MacGregor Personal Biography". www.ashtanga.com. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Kino MacGregor – Be Stronger". London Real. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Schedule - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "SHARATH JOIS | The official website". sharathjois.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com.
- "9 Fitness Classes You Can Take On Periscope—for Free". Shape Magazine. 22 August 2015.
- "Ocean Drive Magazine". oceandrive.com.
- "KinoYoga". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "The Brainwashing 'Cult' of Meditation: Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "The Yogi Assignment by Kino MacGregor // A Book Review". Ashtanga Dispatch. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "About Kino MacGregor". Yoga Alliance. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Kino MacGregor - Founder of Omstars - The First Yoga TV Network and Miami Life Center". South Florida Magazine. 6 November 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Tim Feldmann Official Website". Tim Feldmann. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Best Yoga Studio: Miami Life Center | Best of Miami 2008: Your Key to the City". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- Editors, Y. J. (2 July 2008). "21 Famous Top Yoga Teachers in America". Yoga Journal.
|last=has generic name (help)
- Brain Bar (2018-12-12), Can yoga help you envision what's to come? | Kino MacGregor at Brain Bar, retrieved 2019-03-19
- "The Instagram Picture I Almost Didn't Post. ~ Kino MacGregor". Elephant Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Ashtanga Yoga—Accountability, Acceptance and Action in the Arena of Sexual Appropriateness and Hands-On Assists by Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "#MeToo". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Injury, Equanimity, & Compassion: An Interview with Kino". Ashtanga Dispatch. 2015-10-16. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- WellFest (2018-09-07). "Talking To… Kino MacGregor". WellFest. Retrieved 2019-03-19.