Kino Anne MacGregor
September 12, 1977
Miami, Florida, US
|Residence||Miami Beach, Florida|
|Occupation||Yoga teacher, author, entrepreneur|
|Spouse(s)||Tim Feldmann (m. 2008-present)|
Kino MacGregor is an international Ashtanga Yoga teacher, author of four books, entrepreneur, influencer and inspirational speaker and a producer of six Ashtanga Yoga DVDs. At 29 years old, she became one of the youngest people to receive the Certification to teach Ashtanga Yoga by its founder K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
Kino Anne MacGregor was born 12 September 1977 in Miami, Florida, USA where she was raised. She attended the Palmetto High School, graduating in 1995. She took her master's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies at New York University in 2002. When she moved to New York City in search of a more peaceful life, she attended her first Ashtanga Mysore style practice while living a lifestyle of partying, drinking alcohol, using drugs such as ecstasy, and battling depression. After spending a major portion of her life actively engaged in personal growth work, she returned to Miami Beach to create a space dedicated to the integration of yoga, holistic health and consciousness.
She started practicing yoga at the age of 19. After 3 years of Mysore style and Ashtanga practice, she spent 7 years on trips to Mysore to devote herself to the study of Ashtanga Yoga at the K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India. She regularly travels to study yoga with her teacher R. Sharath Jois at the institute.
MacGregor's Instagram account "KinoYoga", where she shares her yoga practice, teachings, yoga challenges and inspirational writing and photos of her Ashtanga Yoga practice  has 1.1 million followers as of January 2019. MacGregor's YouTube channel created in 2011 has had over 140 million views. MacGregor is currently practicing Fifth Series (Advanced Series C) within the Ashtanga Yoga method, and uses Vipassana as a meditation technique.
In 1997, MacGregor participated in the Miss Little Saigon beauty pageant and did not place as she was not of Vietnamese descent.
MacGregor has written four books: in 2012, she published a memoir Sacred Fire: My Journey Into Ashtanga Yoga. In 2013, she published The Power of Ashtanga Yoga; a comprehensive view of the practice interwoven with her motivating insights and guidance. In 2013, she released her first chanting CD, The Mantra Collection Vol. 1. In 2015, she published The Power of Ashtanga Yoga II: The Intermediate Series. Her 2017 The Yogi Assignment: A 30-Day Program for Bringing Yoga Practice and Wisdom to Your Everyday Life, has received positive reviews.
MacGregor is the creator and owner of the Miami Yoga Magazine started in 2012, and the online yoga and holistic platform OmStars in 2017. Together with her husband Tim Feldmann, they opened the yoga studio Miami Life Center in Miami Beach, Florida in 2006, labelled Best Yoga Studio in Miami.
In 2008, Yoga Journal named MacGregor on its list of top 21 teachers under 40. She has been featured in yoga magazines, newspapers and online platforms speaking openly about her past, her experiences and her public yoga perception.
Teaching locally and internationally, MacGregor leads classes, workshops and retreats in Ashtanga yoga, holistic health and total life transformation. In her inspirational and playful approach, MacGregor helps her students expand and deepen their understanding of yoga and life.
- "Kino MacGregor". Elle. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Books Archives - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "flipBook". www.miamiyogamagazine.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Miami Life Center - Yoga. Holistic Health. Consciousness". Miami Life Center. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "OMstars - the Yoga Network - Online Yoga Videos, FREE Yoga Challenges, Meditation, Vegan Cooking and Yogi Lifestyle TV". omstars.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "DVDs/CDs Archives - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Ashtanga Yoga DVD - Kino MacGregor". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "North America - SHARATH JOIS". sharathjois.com.
- "Kino MacGregor – Be Stronger". London Real. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Schedule - Kino MacGregor". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "SHARATH JOIS | The official website". sharathjois.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Kino MacGregor (@kinoyoga) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com.
- "9 Fitness Classes You Can Take On Periscope—for Free". Shape Magazine. 22 August 2015.
- "Ocean Drive Magazine - Events, Style, Fine Dining & Culture". oceandrive.com.
- "KinoYoga". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "The Brainwashing 'Cult' of Meditation | Kino MacGregor - Online Yoga Classes, Author, Yogi, Ashtanga Teacher". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "The Yogi Assignment by Kino MacGregor // A Book Review". Ashtanga Dispatch. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "About Kino MacGregor". Yoga Alliance. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Kino MacGregor - Founder of Omstars - The First Yoga TV Network and Miami Life Center". South Florida Magazine. 6 November 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Tim Feldmann Official Website". Tim Feldmann. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Best Yoga Studio: Miami Life Center | Best of Miami 2008: Your Key to the City". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- Editors, Y. J. "21 Famous Top Yoga Teachers in America". Yoga Journal.
- Brain Bar (2018-12-12), Can yoga help you envision what's to come? | Kino MacGregor at Brain Bar, retrieved 2019-03-19
- "The Instagram Picture I Almost Didn't Post. ~ Kino MacGregor". Elephant Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Ashtanga Yoga—Accountability, Acceptance and Action in the Arena of Sexual Appropriateness and Hands-On Assists by Kino MacGregor | Kino MacGregor - Online Yoga Classes, Author, Yogi, Ashtanga Teacher". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "#MeToo | Kino MacGregor - Online Yoga Classes, Author, Yogi, Ashtanga Teacher". www.kinoyoga.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Injury, Equanimity, & Compassion: An Interview with Kino". Ashtanga Dispatch. 2015-10-16. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- WellFest (2018-09-07). "Talking To… Kino MacGregor". WellFest. Retrieved 2019-03-19.