|Headquarters||Boisbriand, Quebec, Canada|
|Charles Deguire, Louis-Joseph L'Écuyer|
|Products||Service robots, Commercial robots|
In 2006, Charles Deguire and Louis-Joseph L'Écuyer founded Kinova as an independent manufacturer of robotic devices. Deguire’s uncle was an inventor who created a manipulator for his wheelchair, which became the basis for the company to create the robotic arms. By 2009, Kinova had introduced a robotic arm that could fit onto any standard wheelchair and allow users to feed themselves.
From 2016–18, Kinova expanded its operations, opening offices in Germany and China. In 2017, Kinova announced that it had raised $25 million in funding backed by investors KTB Network, BDC Venture Capital, Fonds Manufacturier Québécois and Foxconn Technology Group. Later in the year, the company collaborated and partnered with McGill University to increase their collaborative research involving medical, surgical and assistive robotics.
- "TC Makers: Kinova Robotics Gives The Disabled A Helping Hand". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova secures $25M in funding to accelerate growth". Manufacturing AUTOMATION. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova Names Clearpath North American Distributor of JACO Robot Arm". Robotics Business Review. 2013-07-09. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- Robohunter. "Робот-помощник JACO2 DOF-S от Kinova Robotics". robo-hunter.com (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Empowering People Through Robotics: In convo with Charles Deguire of Kinova". SEE Change Magazine. 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Charles Deguire". Canada Business Network. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova Robotics Wants Jaco to Keep Changing Lives for the Better". Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- Boucher, Francois (26 February 2013). "Startup Spotlight: Kinova Creating Robot Arms That Improve Lives". IEEE Spectrum.
- "'JACO' robotic arm aims to give independence back to people with disabilities | Globalnews.ca". globalnews.ca. 2016-05-05. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- Muhoro, Nicholas (31 March 2017). "KINOVA Robotics Signs Exclusive Distribution Agreement with Chinese Tech Firm". sanvada.com.
- "Montreal robotics firm Kinova signs China distribution deal". Canadian Manufacturing. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova Robotics raises $25 million for expansion plans". Robotics & Automation News. 2017-10-09. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova Robotics raises $20m for product, market expansion". The Robot Report. 2017-09-28. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "Kinova secures significant funding to invest in accelerating company growth and innovation | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "McGill partners with KINOVA to foster innovation in robotics : Med e-News". Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "SMA Patients' Lives Getting Better with Kinova's Jaco Robot". SMA News Today. 2017-10-20. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Shoutout to Kinova Robotics". SMA News Today Forums. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- Group, Techbriefs Media. "Service Robots Use Flat Motors to Provide Reliable, Safe Motion". www.techbriefs.com. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- "Kinova Robotics". RobotGlobe. Retrieved 2019-01-12.
- Regions, Canada Economic Development for Quebec; Regions, Canada Economic Development for Quebec (2017-09-14). "Kinova® can increase production capacity by acquiring robotic manufacturing equipment". gcnws. Retrieved 2019-01-12.