Beaver Pond near height of land in Kinsman Notch
|Elevation||1,870 ft (570 m)|
|Traversed by||NH Rte. 112|
|Location||Woodstock, Grafton County, New Hampshire,
|Topo map||USGS Mount Moosilauke|
Kinsman Notch (elev. 1,870 feet (570 m)) is a mountain pass located in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, United States. It is the westernmost of the major notches through the White Mountains (the others being Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, and Pinkham Notch). To the southeast, the valley of the notch is drained by the Lost River, leading to the Pemigewasset River, and ultimately the Merrimack, flowing into the Gulf of Maine. The northwest half of the notch is drained by Beaver Brook and the Wild Ammonoosuc River, part of the Connecticut River watershed leading to Long Island Sound.
The notch lies between Mount Moosilauke to the southwest and Kinsman Ridge to the northeast. The Appalachian Trail crosses the height of land in the notch on its route between Moosilauke and Kinsman Ridge. The trail descends Moosilauke along Beaver Brook Cascades, a long set of waterfalls descending a total of 1,200 feet (370 m).
- "Mount Moosilauke 7.5-minute quadrangle". U.S. Geological Survey/Acme Mapper. 2012. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Heald 2002, pp. 74–75.
- Bair & Wright 1997, pp. 97–98.
- Parsons & Watson 2010, pp. 151, 190; Daniell & Smith 2003, p. 273.
- Parsons & Watson 2010, pp. 211–212; Heald 2002, p. 76.
- Parsons & Watson 2010, pp. 211–212.
- Bair, Diane; Wright, Pamela (1997). "Backwoods Roller Coaster: Thrills and views by the minute on the Kinsman Ridge Trail". Backpacker. Emmaus, PA: Rodale Press. Volume 25, Issue 164, Number 9 (December 1997). ISSN 0277-867X. OCLC 1639834. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Heald, Bruce D. (2002). History & Guide: The Franconia Gateway. Charleston: Arcadia. ISBN 9780738510415. OCLC 53433108. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Daniell, Gene; Smith, Steven D. (2003), White Mountain Guide: Hiking Trails in the White Mountain National Forest, AMC Hiking Guide Series (27th ed.), Boston: Appalachian Mountain Club Books, ISBN 9781929173228, OCLC 51726724, retrieved 27 November 2014
- Parsons, Greg; Watson, Kate B. (2010) . New England Waterfalls (2nd ed.). Woodstock, VT: The Countryman Press. ISBN 9780881508741. OCLC 464580746. Retrieved 27 November 2014.