|No. 42, 91, 55, 48|
|Date of birth:||October 24, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school:||Jacksonville (FL) Raines|
|Career NFL statistics|
Kion Wilson (born October 24, 1986) is a former American football linebacker. He attended the University of South Florida, as a member of the 2010 graduating class. Shortly after the draft ended, Wilson joined the San Diego Chargers of the National Football League as an undrafted free agent. He was born in Jacksonville, Florida and attended William M. Raines High School before playing weak side linebacker at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville, MS. He has received multiple honors for his football career, including 2008 Rookie of the Year and 2009 CollegeFootballPerformance.com co-National Linebacker of the Week versus WVU.
Wilson played weak side linebacker at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville, MS. There he recorded 117 tackles, 2 interceptions and 6 sacks as a freshman. During nine games as a sophomore he recorded 98 tackles, 7 tackles for loss and one sack.
Prior to the Spring 2008 semester Wilson signed with The University of South Florida. He played in 13 games and started in 11. Wilson ranked 3rd on the team with 66 tackles during his first season as a Bull and also registered 3.5 tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and two pass break-ups. He piled up double-digit tackle numbers against Cincinnati (11), UConn (12) and West Virginia (11)
As a captain during Wilson’s senior year, he played in all 12 games and led the team with 105 tackles, 9 tackles for loss and also had one sack, one force fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception and one pass breakup. Wilson recorded 12 or more tackles in four straight Big East games. With 18 tackles versus Rutgers, the second-most ever in a game in USF history
- 2009 First Team All-Big East selection by the Big East Coaches, ESPN.com, Phil Steele and Rivals.com
- 2009 Big East Defensive Player of the Week versus WVU
- 2009 CollegeFootballPerformance.com co-National Linebacker of the Week versus WVU
- 2009 Defensive Playmaker of the Year by USF coaches
- 2009 Defensive MVP by way of unanimous vote from teammates
- 2008 Rookie of the Year
- 2007 Defensive Player of the Year of the South
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0 3⁄8 in||239 lb||32½ in||10⅛ in||4.87 s||1.63 s||2.73 s||4.55 s||7.47 s||36½ in||10 ft 3 in||27 reps||16|
|All values from NFL Combine|
After going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, Wilson signed with the San Diego Chargers as a rookie free agent on May 10, 2010. Though he was cut following training camp, he was signed to the team's practice squad, and was eventually promoted to the active roster on October 2 for their Week 4 game. He played in three games before suffering a season-ending ankle injury and being placed on the Injured Reserve List on October 23, 2010.
On September 3, 2011, the Chargers cut Wilson at the end of training camp. On October 4, 2011, he was signed by the Carolina Panthers to their practice squad, where he was reunited with his former defensive coordinator from the Chargers, Ron Rivera.
On November 16, 2011 Kion Wilson was added to the Panthers’ active roster from the practice squad, for the final 7 weeks of the 2011 NFL season, playing in 5 games. Released by the Carolina Panthers on August 31, 2012, Kion Wilson signed a Reserve/Future contract with the Steelers on January 7, 2013.
- "Kion Wilson, LB, Carolina Panthers". KFFL.com. 2010-10-02. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84996&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB%7Ctitle=Kion Wilson NFL 2010 Combine Results. nfldraftscout.com
- "Kion Wilson, Player Profile". CBSSports.com. 2011-09-03. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- Twitter / BobLabriola: Roster move for @Steelers: DE Arnfelt signed from practice squad for depth. ILB Kion Wilson waived to open a roster spot
- http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/steelers-waive-lb-kion-wilson-sign-rookie-cb-lew-toler / Steelers waive LB Kion Wilson, sign rookie CB Lew Toler]
- 49ers Waive Seven Players, Cut Roster To 75