|Born||Kiowa Joseph Gordon
March 25, 1990
Gordon was born in Berlin, Germany, where his father, Thomas Gordon, was working. He is the seventh of eight children (Mac, Sean, Aaron, Josh, Cheyenne, Sariah, Lakota). His mother, Camille Nighthorse Gordon, is also an actress. Gordon is partly of Hualapai Native American descent, and is a member of the Hualapai tribe of Northern Arizona.
His family moved back to the U.S. when he was two years old, and he grew up in Arizona, where he attended Cactus Shadows High School in Cave Creek, Arizona. He attended the LDS church for a while, in the same ward as Twilight author Stephenie Meyer. Aside from acting, Kiowa is also a vocalist, and used to be a member of a progressive metal band called Touché, leaving it to focus on acting.
In 2009, Gordon played shapeshifter Embry Call in New Moon, based on Stephenie Meyer's novel of the same name. Kiowa has said that he was approached one day at church by Stephenie Meyer as she thought he would be perfect for the wolf pack. He then attended an open casting call where he landed the role of Jacob Black's best friend. Gordon replaced Krys Hyatt (who played Embry in Twilight) in New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
Gordon was set to play Brad in the proposed American film Into The Darkness, although the film never came to fruition. Gordon portrayed 2014 Jake Kingston in the Horror thriller Wind Walkers, which tells a Native Americans Urban legend.
Kiowa has a daughter named Kaili with his fiancé.
On August 10, 2011, Gordon was arrested after police officers discovered there was an active warrant for his arrest from a DUI incident in 2010. In the incident, he was allegedly found in possession of alcohol while underage and in possession of drug paraphernalia. The arrest warrant was issued for Gordon after he failed to appear following a February 2010 guilty plea in Scottsdale Municipal Court.
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Embry Call|
|2010||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Embry Call|
|2011||Into the Darkness||Brad|
|Murder for Dummys||Andrew|
|The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn||Embry Call|
|2012||The Lesser Blessed||Johnny Beck|
|The Projectionist||Private LockLear|
|2014||The Red Road (TV Show)||Junior||Main Cast|
- Schmidt, Rob (December 2, 2009). "Our dinner with Kiowa Gordon". Newspaper Rock. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- "A Wolfpack Member makes an appearance in Salt Lake City". ABC4.com. 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- Titla, Mary Kim (July 4, 2009). "An interview with Kiowa Gordon". Indian Country Today. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Suetopka Thayer, Rosanda (2010-07-13). "77th Annual Hopi festival highlights July 4th weekend". The Observer. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- Carroll, Larry (September 3, 2009). "'New Moon' Actor Kiowa Gordon Reveals How To Tell The Wolves Apart". MTV News. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Vice, Jeff (November 20, 2009). "Mormons run with shapeshifters in 'New Moon'". MormonTimes.com. Archived from the original on July 24, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- Wind Walkers
- "No Longer the Rookies of Hollywood: A Talk with Kiowa Gordon & Andrew Orozco". Native News Online. 2014-06-09. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Twilight heartthrob Kiowa Gordon behind bars after arrest for failing to attend court to face drug-driving charge". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Josh Grossberg (August 10, 2011). "'Twilight' star arrested for DUI".
- Casey Glynn (August 10, 2011). "Twilight actor Kiowa Gordon arrested in Arizona on outstanding warrant".
- Editor, Steven Hoffer; Post, The Huffington (2014-10-08). "Alleged 'Twilight' Impersonator Faces Federal Child Porn Charges". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Fake 'Twilight' actor pleads not guilty to child porn charges". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-01-30.