Kipper (TV series)
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Children's television show|
|Created by||Mick Inkpen|
|Based on||Kipper the Dog books by Mick Inkpen|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||10 minutes per episode (approx.)|
Nick Jr. Too
Nick Jr. (USA)
Nickelodeon on CBS
|Original release||September 5, 1997– December 21, 2000|
Kipper is a British animated children's television series based on the characters from the Kipper the Dog book series. In some cases, the episodes are specifically based on particular stories by Mick Inkpen. The videos have won awards including a BAFTA award for best children's animation. The series aired on CITV in the United Kingdom and Nick Jr. and CBS in the United States. The show was released on both VHS and DVD by HIT Entertainment.
The series follows Kipper the Dog as he goes on many fun and exciting adventures with his friends, Tiger, Pig, Arnold, and Jake.
Characters and voice cast
- Kipper (voiced by Martin Clunes) – A warm-hearted and curious dog with a soft voice who is the title character in the series. Kipper is not at all selfish, though he is known to be a hoarder. Kipper is likely portrayed after beagle, beagle mix or Jack Russell terrier breed.
- Tiger (voiced by Chris Lang) – Kipper's best friend. He is more practical and wise than Kipper. Sometimes Tiger can be very smug and naughty, though he really is a kind dog at heart. He is a Scottish terrier.
- Jake (voiced by Chris Lang) – A friendly dog who is one of Kipper's best friends. He is a minor character in the first season and joins the main characters in the second season, he, Kipper, and Tiger have had many adventures together.
- Pig (voiced by Chris Lang) – Kipper's second best friend. Pig likes to eat chocolate cakes and cookies.
- Arnold (voiced by Chris Lang) – Pig's toddler cousin who is more aware than Pig. Arnold normally doesn't say anything, but at times he says easy words such as "duck," "kitten" and "igloo." Arnold has many exciting encounters while the older ones are occupied.
- Mouse (voiced by Julia Sawalha) – A young female mouse who lives with Kipper at his house. She speaks in an English accent and is a minor character.
- The Bleeper People (voiced by Chris Lang) – Two space aliens who live on the moon.
- Ghost (voiced by Chris Lang) – A friendly ghost who visits Kipper's house. Kipper wanted to help him to make him be scary.
- Mr. Frog (voiced by Chris Lang) – A magic frog who runs into Kipper at times.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||5 September 1997||28 November 1997|
|2||13||24 September 1998||17 December 1998|
|3||13||21 January 1999||15 April 1999|
|4||13||23 September 1999||16 December 1999|
|5||13||20 January 2000||13 April 2000|
|6||13||28 September 2000||21 December 2000|
- The Visitor and Other Stories (1 October 1999)
- Pig's Present and Other Stories (9 March 1998)
- Snowy Day and Other Stories (1 October 1999)
- Hide And Seek and Other Stories (19 March 2001)
- The Magic Carpet and Other Stories (18 March 2002)
- Kipper's Circus and Other Stories (1 October 1999)
- The Treasure Hunt and Other Stories (1 October 1999)
- Christmas Eve and Other Stories (18 October 1999)
- The Little Ghost and Other Stories (1 October 1999)
- The Robot and Other Stories (17 September 2001)
- Crazy Golf and Other Stories (4 September 2000)
- The Big Freeze and Other Stories (30 October 2000)
- Looking After Arnold and Other Stories (20 March 2000)