Kira (Belgian singer)
|Born||Natasja de Witte
3 May 1977
At the age of thirteen, Kira had her first brush with fame when she appeared on the Belgian TV show Stars in Their Eyes. In 2000, she competed in the Belgian version of Popstars and was voted in the top ten. That same year she was runner-up in the Miss Belgium beauty contest.
In March 2002, Kira was introduced to record producers Bart Grinaert and the brothers Bert and Maarten Wilmaers, who are known for producing the Viper records The Twister and Blue Sunshine and Montini Experience's My House is Your House, and remixed versions of songs such as Sash!'s "Mysterious Times" and Groovezone's "Eisbaer". The first result of this collaboration was Kira's debut single "I'll Be Your Angel", for which she was signed worldwide (except Benelux) to BMG NuLife Records in May 2002. The single went to #15 in the Belgian chart and #9 in the UK Singles Chart, leading to her live performance of the song on BBC TV's Top of the Pops. It was also released in the United States, Spain and Australia.
- "I'll Be Your Angel" (2003)
- "2 Hearts" (2003)
- "All My Life" (2003)
- http://www.kira-music.com Kira's web site, retrieved on 30 September 2007. Note: This link is now dead. It is only partially available via archive.org; see, for example, http://web.archive.org/web/20070606083234/www.kira-music.com/front1024.htm, retrieved 21 July 2009.
- http://www.geocities.net/natasjadewitte/index.html Retrieved 30 September 2007. Note: This link is now dead, but Kira's involvement in these events is also mentioned on http://www.dancevibes.be/artists/kira-biography-discography/ retrieved 21 July 2009.
- http://www.dancevibes.be/artists/kira.jsp Dancevibes.be, retrieved 30 September 2007.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 304. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- http://www.kira-music.com Kira's web site. Note: As noted above, this link is now dead.
|This article about a Belgian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|