A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||Columbia Business School, MBA|
Kira PlastininaLUBLU Kira Plastinina
Glamour Magazine Russia: Breakthrough of the Year (2007)Glamour Magazine Russia: Designer of the Year (2008, 2014)
Kira Plastinina (Russian: Ки́ра Серге́евна Пласти́нина) is a Russian fashion designer and entrepreneur. Her brand was sold through a now defunct chain of eponymous retail stores in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, China, Philippines and Armenia.
Plastinina was born in Moscow. Her father, Sergei Plastinin, founded Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC in 1992 and served as its Chief Executive Officer until April 3, 2006. He was impressed with his daughter's passion for design and vision of teenage fashion, and suggested that they launch a fashion brand together. In 2007, the first Kira Plastinina store opened in Moscow, Plastinina introduced her first collection and became one of the youngest fashion designers in the world. Since then, the company has opened over 300 stores in Russia and CIS. In 2008, the Company made an unsuccessful attempt to enter the U.S. market. The U.S. entity eventually filed for bankruptcy.
Throughout her career, Plastinina has presented her fashion collections during Rome, Milan, New York and Moscow fashion weeks. Her brand has been worn by many celebrities including Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Georgia May Jagger, Karlie Kloss, Rowan Blanchard, Lyndsy Fonseca, Victoria Justice, and many others. Plastinina is close friends with Debby Ryan.
Plastinina graduated summa cum laude from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX in 2014. Afterwards, she has continued her studies at Columbia Business School in New York, NY and will be graduating with an MBA in May 2016.
Kira Plastinina jeans was featured on episode of Nickelodeon TV Show iCarly. On the episode titled: iHurt Lewbert. The label (or embroidered) on the back of Carly's pink jeans, the label is most noticeable when Carly gives Lewbert a tray of food while Lewbert is lying in his couch.
"Kira Plastinina" shop chain became an object of Russian products boycott in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Kira Plastinia at Yerevan Mall
- "The Russian-American Princess". NYMag.com. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- DimasEvdokimov (2011-02-04), Lindsay Lohan and Kira Plastinina Photoshoot [Behind the scenes], retrieved 2016-05-09
- "Georgia May Jagger became a new face of ad campaign LUBLU Kira Plastinina AW12/13". Lublupaper's Blog. 2012-07-06. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- Inc.(tm), Website Brands,. "Kira Plastinina and Karlie Kloss". Coolspotters. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Debby Ryan Shows Off Her Chic Vacation Style". Twist. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- Бойкот российских товаров - временные шалости «хохлов» или дело чести? (in Russian). ilikenews.com. 03.04.2014