June 1, 1992 |
|Labels||Kira Plastinina Fashion|
Kira Sergeyevna Plastinina (Russian: Ки́ра Серге́евна Пласти́нина; born June 1, 1992, in Moscow, Russia) is a Russian fashion designer. She has more than 120 stores in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, China, Philippines and Armenia
Her father, Sergei Plastinin, is a millionaire and former CEO of a large dairy corporation called Wimm-Bill-Dann. He invested significant capital in his daughter's vision. Together they opened up stores in Europe, and later the United States in May 2008.  Plastinin spent nearly $80 million for a total of 12 stores in the U.S., none of which lasted long. He paid Paris Hilton $2 million to attend Plastinina's fashion show in Russia, and hired Chris Brown to perform at her Los Angeles opening party. Her firm, KP Fashion Co., filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy protection on January 2, 2009. The business was unsuccessful in the U.S. fashion market, for which her father blamed the recession. To this, the Los Angeles Times joked: "It had nothing to do with the fact that the clothes were ugly." Plastinin also said his daughter's stores in Europe were still financially viable and thus unaffected. However, they too soon closed. Today, most of her shops are located in Russia and other countries in the Commonwealth of Independent States.
On September 27, 2008 Kira debuted at Milan Fashion Week with her new high-end line called Kira Plastinina Lublu.
Plastinina attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas where she was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She opened LUBLU, her new U.S. Flagship store in Dallas, TX, in the Plaza at Preston Center, on August 28, 2013. In September 2014, she started Columbia Business School in New York, NY.
"Kira Plastinina" shop chain became an object of Russian products boycott in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 
- Kira Plastinia at Yerevan Mall
- Moore, Booth (May 11, 2008). "Kira Plastinina: From Russia with style". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Moore, Booth (December 17, 2008). "Plastinina meltdown". Los Angeles Times.
- Hsu, Tiffany (January 3, 2009). "Brief flash, swift crash for young designer". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Juggling Fashion Design with Homework". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Бойкот российских товаров - временные шалости «хохлов» или дело чести? (Russian). ilikenews.com. 03.04.2014