Kirinyaga Central Constituency
Kirinyaga Central Constituency, formerly known as Kerugoya/Kutus Constituency is an electoral constituency in Kenya. It is one of four constituencies in Kirinyaga County. The constituency was established for the 1997 elections.
Members of Parliament
|1997||John Matere Keriri||Democratic Party|
|2007||John Ngata Kariuki||Ford-Asili||Kariuki lost his seat in October 2010 following a court petition |
|Ward||Registered Voters||Local authority|
|Kerugoya Central||6,474||Kerugoya/Kutus municipality|
|Kerugoya North||3,051||Kerugoya/Kutus municipality|
|Kerugoya South||4,728||Kirinyaga county|
- Center for Multiparty Democracy: Politics and Paliamenterians in Kenya 1944-2007
- Daily Nation, October 22, 2010: Kenya MP loses seat in poll petition
- Daily Nation, Feb 16, 2011: PNU’s Gitari wins Kirinyaga poll
- Electoral Commission of Kenya: Registered voters per polling station by electoral area/ward and constituency Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Electoral Commission of Kenya: Civic Elections Results (2002)