Kirit Pradyot Deb Barman
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kingdom of Tripura|
|Part of History of Tripura|
|Kings of Tripura|
|Dharma Manikya II||1714-1733|
|Vijay Manikya II||1743-1760|
|Bir Bikram Kishore||1923–1947|
|Kirit Bikram Kishore||1947-1949|
|Kirit Pradyot Deb Barman||1978-|
|Tripura monarchy data|
|Manikya dynasty (Royal family)|
|Agartala (Capital of the kingdom)|
|Ujjayanta Palace (Royal residence)|
|Neermahal (Royal residence)|
|Rajmala (Royal chronicle)|
|Tripura Buranji (Chronicle)|
Pradyot Deb Barman, also known as P. B. K. Manikya (born July 4, 1978), is the head of the Royal Family of Tripura. He was born in Delhi, and now resides in Tripura, Agartala. He is the Working President of the Tripura Pradesh Congress, as well as serving as editor of TNT-The Northeast Today.
- Working President Tripura Pradesh Congress
- Chairman of the Royal Heritage Hotel
- Member of the All India Congress Committee
- Chairman and Editor of The Northeast Today magazine
- Advisor to the North East Students Committee, Delhi
- Advisor to the North East Regional Development Association (NERDA)
- Chairman of the Royal Tripura Foundation;
- Former Member of the governing council of Tripura Central University
- General Secretary Tripura Pradesh Congress
Politics, media and sports
Barman launched The Northeast Today, a magazine targeted at residents of India's northeastern states. This enjoys a readership just shy of 100,000. He is one of India's most vocal critics of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and is a prolific guest speaker at universities, the most notable being Harvard.
- Datta, Sekhar (30 May 2006). "Tripura scion follows in mom's footsteps - Royal foray into politics". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "A royal suitable boy looks for a suitable girl". Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "India’s North East on focus at Harvard". Retrieved 29 June 2017.