||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kirk Powers with his custom Alleva Coppolo LG5 Bass
|Born||November 24, 1957|
|Origin||Queens, New York|
|Genres||Rock, Pop, Country, Blues|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, Vocals|
|Labels||Columbia, Atlantic, SONY|
Kirk Powers is a rock music bassist. In 1976 he joined American Tears, one of the first keyboard-oriented Heavy Ivory bands. He also made pre-production demos and masters with Touch. He found work in the 1980s touring with various artists including Debbie Gibson's band 1986 through 1990 Out Of The Blue and Electric Youth tours. Kirk is currently a session bass player/producer. July 2010 he started touring with the classic southern rock band Point Blank for an international touris.
Kirk is currently working with Alleva Coppolo Basses on his updated (KBP-4 and KBP-5) signature model custom basses and designing his own Musical Instrument Preamplifier.
2017 Kirk began to work with Texas musician / songwriter Casey James - formerly of American Idol.
http://www.allevacoppolo.com/accesories.html kirk also has its own line of 4 and 5 bass strings through alleva-copolla
- Deborah Gibson (Greatest Hits)
- Shake Your Love (Live in London, Atlantic A9059CD)
- Debbie Gibson Live In Japan
- Debbie Gibson "Electric Youth" (Atlantic Album78203)
- Point Blank "Volume 9" 2014
- Wonder Years TV Show "sound track" Atlantic
- Ana (Epic/ Park ZK45355)
- American Tears "Power House" Columbia
- Touch - "The Demos" Winter 1979
- Electric Youth World Tour '89-'90
- Out Of The Blue World Tour '88
- Redd Volkaert (Grammy winner Guitar Vituoso) Instructional Video Release 2015
Kirk has worked with Debbie Gibson, Casey James , Dave Evans, Point Blank,Redd Volkaert, Roger Nichols, Otis Taylor, The Wonder Years, VooDoo Kings, Richard Gottehrer, Ana, American Tears, Pal Joey, Dave Lebolt, The Good Rats, Bruce Kulick, Lattanzi, JellyBean Benitez, Fred Norris from Howard Stern, Fred Zarr, George Lynch/Dokken, Derek St. Holmes/Ted Nugent, Guy Gelso, David Baker.
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|