Kirkby International College
|Type||Further education college|
Pesiaran APEC, Cyberjaya,
Kirkby International College (KIC) is a further education college based at Pesiaran APEC, Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The institution was officially launched by the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in January 2014.
The college was originally established in 2007 under the name Internexia College, to reflect a close affiliation with its digital content creation partner, Internexia Sdn Bhd. However, and probably as a result of its focus on teacher training and English learning courses, the college was suggested by some to be a contemporary return of the Malayan Teachers Training College in Kirkby, Liverpool, England, which closed down in 1962 and which is credited with having produced highly capable Malaysian teachers in its day. In 2011 Internexia College subsequently changed its name to Kirkby International College to better reflect its role as an English learning institution for Malaysian teachers.
Kirkby International College specializes in the provision of diploma level programs in English, creative media, ICT Education, training materials for serving teachers to update their professional skills, associated management, and interactive multimedia-based education and skills training to meet local as well as international demand.
Kirby International College offers local and international programs including, Cambridge A-Levels, Diplomas (early childhood education and English), Foundation Courses (University of Hertfordshire) and pathways to Degrees.
Kirkby International College is a purpose built, state of the art facility located at Pesiaran APEC, Cyberjaya.
Kirkby International College offers a range of courses from foundation to masters level. Currently on offer are:-
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in English
- Diploma in Animation
- Cambridge International AS and A Levels
- International Foundation Programme in partnership with University of Hertfordshire (UK)
- BEd (Hons) Primary Education With English in partnership with University of Hertfordshire (UK)
- Short Courses in English, ICT, Soft Skills and Study Skills
- University of Hertfordshire (UK)
- University Pendidikan Sultan Idris
- Glyndwr University (UK)
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
- New Straits Times, Jan 20 2014
- The Star, May 26, 2013
- "Kirby International College". Afterschool.my. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- University of Hertfordshire
- Kirkby International College homepage
- New Straits Times
- The Star
- MBA in Malaysia
|This Malaysian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|