Kirkconnell Correctional Centre
|Location||Sunny Corner, near Bathurst, New South Wales|
|Security class||Minimum (males only)|
|Opened||30 July 2015|
|Managed by||Corrective Services NSW|
The Centre is located in the Sunny Corner State Forest and has a fully trained bushfire fighting team comprising both prison staff and inmates.
In September 2011 it was reported that Corrective Services NSW will close the facility in December 2011, as a cost saving measure. All of inmates were relocated to the minimum security wings at Bathurst Correctional Centre and Long Bay. The facility was reopened on 30 July 2015, after a 4 million dollar upgrade.
- "Kirkconnell Correctional Centre". Corrective Services NSW. New South Wales Government. Archived from the original on 15 November 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Shanahan, Leo (7 September 2011). "Closures to make other NSW jails rougher, says prison officers' union". The Australian. AAP. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Patty, Anna (7 September 2011). "A way to get out of three jails". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Prisons to close" (PDF) (Press release). Corrective Services NSW. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Kirkconnell jail re-opening to bring 'very worthy outcomes', says MP". ABC. 30 July 2015.
- Mitchell, Alex (19 June 2005). "Adler moved to Bathurst prison". The Age. AAP. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- McNab, Duncan (2016). Roger Rogerson. "13. Another opening, another show": Hachette Australia.
|This article about an Australian prison is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in New South Wales is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|