|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University-Allendale campus
|Location||Center of Allendale campus
Grand Valley State University
|Named for||Russel H. Kirkhof|
The Russel H. Kirkhof Center is a student union on the main Allendale campus of Grand Valley State University located in Allendale, Michigan. The center, originally called “Campus Center”, was dedicated in 1974 and renamed to its current name in 1984.
The Kirkhof Center is home to many services and shops. Located inside the Kirkhof Center is as follows:
Main Level: The main level contains the University Bookstore, the 2020 Information Desk, a convenience store, coffee shop, movie theater, billiards, dining room, the LGBT Resource Center, Office of Multicultural Affairs, the Women's Center, and the Office of Student Life.
Second Level: The second level is mostly meeting spaces and conference rooms and is home to the Grand River Room and Pere Marquette Room.
Since its initial construction, the Kirkhof Center has been expanded several times to meet demand for the growing student population.
- 2001: 50,000 sq. ft. addition.
- 2007: 22,000 sq. ft. addition.
- "Kirkhof Center GVSU". GLS. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Home - 50th Anniversary". Grand Valley State University. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Union Spotlight:Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University". Association of College Unions International. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "HOME - Kirkhof Center at Grand Valley State University". Grand Valley State University. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
|This article about a building or structure in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|