|Traded as||NASDAQ: KIRK|
S&P 600 Component
|Founded||Jackson, Tennessee (1966 )|
|Headquarters||Brentwood, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Steven C. Woodward (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$ 634.12 million (FY2018)|
|US$ 9.53 million (FY2018)|
|US$ 5.3 million (FY2018)|
|Total assets||US$ 299.2 million (FY2018)|
|Total equity||US$ 140.76 million (FY2018)|
Number of employees
Kirkland's, Inc. is an American retail chain that sells home decor, furniture, textiles, accessories and gifts. It operates 434 stores in 37 states as well as an e-commerce enable website. It is based in Brentwood, TN.
Kirkland's was founded by Carl Kirkland and Robert Kirkland in 1966 in Jackson, Tennessee, when they began selling home accessories at low prices. As of September 2018, the chain has grown to 431 stores in 37 states.
In September 2018, Kirkland's announced it had named Steve Woodward as the new CEO, replacing interim CEO, Mike Cairnes. Co-founder Robert Kirkland was also the main funder for nationally acclaimed museum and fun park, Discovery Park of America, located in Union City, Tennessee. 
Each year, Kirkland's hosts events and special promotions in benefit of Camp Charley, a camp for critically ill children in Scottsville, Kentucky. Kirkland's past philanthropic projects also include participation in ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, as well as promotion of a holiday-themed CD in benefit of Habitat for Humanity.
On March 17, 2005, the company said quarterly profit fell, and it would restate prior period financial statements to reflect corrections to its lease-related accounting.
- Kirkland's Inc. company profile, The New York Times, accessed 8 April 2018
- "History - Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "About Us | Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- "Jackson, Tenn.-based retailer Kirkland's plans $144 million IPO | Nashville Post". Nashville Post. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "Nashville public company names new CEO". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "News". Charleyfoundation.org. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Community - Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Kirkland's profit falls, will restate some earns". Money.cnn.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.