S&P 600 Component
|Founded||Jackson, Tennessee (1966 )|
|Headquarters||Brentwood, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Revenue||US$ 594.33 million (2016)|
|US$ 11.05 million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$ 270.15 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Kirkland's, Inc. is a United States retail chain that sells home decor, specializing in furnishings, accessories and gifts. Kirkland's, Inc. consists of more than 340 stores in 35 states and carries wall decor, textiles, lamps, furniture, artificial floral products and decorative accessories. It is based in Brentwood, TN.
According to the company history, Kirkland's was founded by Carl Kirkland in 1966 in Jackson, Tennessee, when he began selling home accessories at low prices. Since then the chain has grown to over 340 stores and continues to expand.
Each year, Kirkland's hosts events and special promotions in benefit of Camp Charley, a camp for critically ill children in Scottsville, Kentucky. Kirkland's past philanthropic projects also include participation in ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, as well as promotion of a holiday-themed CD in benefit of Habitat for Humanity.
On March 17, 2005, the company said quarterly profit fell, and it would restate prior period financial statements to reflect corrections to its lease-related accounting.
- Kirkland's Inc. company profile, The New York Times, accessed 8 April 2012
- "History - Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "About Us | Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- "Jackson, Tenn.-based retailer Kirkland's plans $144 million IPO | Nashville Post". Nashville Post. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "News". Charleyfoundation.org. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Community - Kirklands". Kirklands.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Kirkland's profit falls, will restate some earns". Money.cnn.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.