Kirmond le Mire
|Kirmond le Mire|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||135 mi (217 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||Market Rasen|
Kirmond le Mire is a small village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated on the B1203 road, 6 miles (10 km) east from Market Rasen and 11 miles (18 km) south-west from Grimsby. It is in the civil parish of Thoresway.
The village's name dates to at least 1086, soon after the Norman conquest of England. It is seen in the earliest historical documents as Chevremont-le-myrr, and in some later documents as Kevermond.
- Historic England. "Church of St Martin, Kirmond Le Mire (1359767)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Historic England. "Beckfield (351848)". PastScape. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- David Mills, A Dictionary of British Place-Names. Oxford University Press, 2011. ISBN 9780199609086. p. 280.
- Media related to Kirmond le Mire at Wikimedia Commons
- "Kirmond le Mire", Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2012
|This Lincolnshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|