Sa'esit Tse'ada Emba, Tigray Province, Ethiopia
|Origin||Tigray Province, Ethiopia|
|Died||1994 (aged 45–46)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Kiros was born to his father Girazmach Alemayehu Meles and Mrs. Qeleb Gebremeskel in the eastern part of Tigray region, in a village known as Saesi Tsaedaemba in 1948 (1940 EC). He went to school in the nearby city of Wukro and then joined Atse Yohannes High School in Mekelle.
Kiros was a prolific song writer and singer. He popularized Tigrigna songs through his albums to the non-Tigrinya speaking Ethiopians. Before joining Ras Theatre in 1975E.C (circa 1982-1983) where he published his first Album, Kiros had worked as assistant trainer of Tigray Musical Troupe (ትግራይ ኪነት). Some of his songs include "Anguay fisis", "Fililiy","Selam Hawa", "Suwur Fikri" "Adey Mekele". Kiros along with other musicians had played in Libya and other middle eastern countries. A memorial library is under construction in Wukro near his birthplace.
Death and funeral
Kiros died from intestinal complications in 1994.
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,National Archives and Library Agency,"Biographical Bibliography of Senior Artists",Vol. 25, No.4, 2008, page 30
- Kiros Alemayehu - AddisClub.com
- Kiros Alemayehu Memorial Library
- Kiros Alemayehu - AddisZefen - The best ethiopian music website on the internet!
- Kiros Alemayehu—Legendary Musician from Tigrai, Ethiopia «
- The Construction Of Kiros Alemayehu Memorial Library In Wukro Is Almost Half Way Completed. Please Help Us To Fully Complete It As Soon As Possible