Hume at Hollywood Life Magazine’s 7th Annual Breakthrough Awards, 9 December 2007.
4 September 1976 |
|Spouse(s)||Donovan Leitch Jr. (m. 23 September 1997-Separated 2011)|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Hume modeled for Dior, Givenchy, Chanel, Lanvin, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Lacroix, Gianfranco Ferré, Claude Montana, Alexander McQueen, Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta and Donna Karan, among other leading designers and brands. She also frequently appeared on the covers of Harper's Bazaar, photographed by Patrick Demarchelier, as well as Vogue, W and other publications.
In 1996 Hume was the feature model for Chanel ads. She has modelled for Victoria's Secret. For the March 1996 Gucci presentation of fall and winter fashion collections in Milan, Italy, Hume wore a dress made of white jersey (clothing) with a plunging neckline.
Following a 1997 Paris, France showing of Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel, Hume was queried by a Russian TV reporter. He asked her what was the most exciting part of her job. She answered, Um, the money. She appeared in a bias-cut chiffon gown designed by Donatella Versace at the January 1998 Milan fashion show.
Hume was married to rocker and actor Donovan Leitch, Jr. until 2011. They divorced in 2014, following a 3-year long separation. After getting married in Scotland in 1997, they drove all around Bali in a jeep. The couple have a daughter named Violet, born March 2004.
Hume attended a Halloween party at Lot 61 in Chelsea, Manhattan, with Leitch and Oliver Stone, in 1998. The Japanese-themed event included an appearance by Leonardo DiCaprio and friends dressed as members of Kiss. Hume arrived in fangs. The night before Halloween in 1999 Leitch and Hume hosted a party at the same venue. Hume was draped in vines and the couple were scantily dressed as Adam and Eve.
She also starred in an interactive fashion art film by Imagine Fashion called, "Decadent Control" with Roberto Cavalli, Eva Herzigová, and Brad Kroenig. The film features fashion from Agent Provocateur and H&M and premiered in March 2011.
- "Model of the Week: Kirsty Hume". AskMen.com. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- Counter Intelligence, New York Times, 11 February 1996, pg. SM58.
- Yipes! Catwalkers Discover The Catskills, New York Times, 28 February 1999, pg. ST1.
- Designers get serious about dressing the customers, Pacific Stars and Stripes (newspaper), Tuesday, 26 March 1996, pg. 15.
- Fun With Fashion, New York Times, 1 June 1997, pg. SM63.
- In Milan, Men's Wear Addresses The Globe, New York Times, 13 January 1998, pg. B12.
- Two For The Road, New York Times, 24 March 2002, pg. F56.
- Actors Gang Up For Benefit, Los Angeles Times, 26 August 2007, pg. E4.
- People, Rock 'n' roll all night, and party every day, Syracuse Herald-Journal, Tuesday, 5 November 1998, pg. C2.
- The Night, Celebrities And Other Sideshows, New York Times, 5 November 1995, pg. 55.
- The Anti-Elitist Club Party:Ready Or Not, New York Times, 7 November 1999, pg. ST4.