|Region||Western Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
Kiryandongo is on the main Gulu-Masindi highway, approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi), by road, north-east of Masindi, the largest town in the Bunyoro sub-region. This is approximately 225 kilometres (140 mi), by road, north-west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are 1°57'09.0"N, 32°08'20.0"E (Latitude:1.9525; Longitude:32.1389).
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Kiryandongo at 31,610.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or close to its borders:
- headquarters of Kiryandongo District administration
- offices of Kiryandongo Town Council
- Kiryandongo central market
- Kiryandongo General Hospital, a 109-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Road Distance Between Masindi And Kiryandongo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- GFC. "Map Showing Kampala And Kiryandongo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Google (13 July 2015). "Location of Bweyale (Kiryandongo) At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 July 2015.