Kishore Bharati Krirangan
Jadavpur Stadium, also known as Kishore Bharati Krirangan, is a multipurpose stadium in Kolkata, India used mainly for football matches. It is popularly known as Jadavpur stadium. The capacity of the stadium is 12,000 and the size of the sports complex is 13 acres. The stadium currently plays host to lower division Calcutta Football League matches and it has hosted Calcutta Premier Division matches in the past. Sports meets of different schools are also held here.
The stadium is equipped with several facilities. The stadium can be used for football and athletic events.
A modern underground drainage system is present in the stadium. It also has practice grounds for cricket and football. There is a 100-seater dormitory accommodation facility present below the galleries. It also has facilities to host seminars, conferences and meetings. A swimming pool complex is present beside the stadium. A martial arts training centre also operates on the premises.
- "Stadiums in India". worldstadiums.com. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Football stadium without a goal". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 28 June 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Solemn salute to student saviours". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Kishore Bharati Krirangan, Kolkata". soccernetindia.net. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Kishore Bharti Krirangan". india9.com. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Lessons on saving lives". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 28 April 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|