Kishore Namit Kapoor
Kishore Namit Kapoor
Kishore Namit Kapoor, actor and acting trainer based in Mumbai, India
|Born||28 July 1949|
|Occupation||Actor, author, acting trainer|
Kishore Namit Kapoor (born 1949) is an Indian actor, author and film-acting trainer. He has trained some of the most prominent film and television actors of the Hindi industry including Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra.
Early life and education
Kishore Namit Kapoor was born in Delhi in post-independence India. In 1958, he joined All India Radio (AIR) as a child artist. When Doordarshan, India's first public service broadcaster, began telecasting live plays in 1962, Kapoor was one of the first child actors to feature in their weekly plays.
He joined K.M. College in 1964, which was prominent in Delhi as the alumni institute of Amitabh Bachchan, Kulbushan Kharbanda and Dinesh Thakur. At Abhyaan, a Delhi theatre group of the time, Kapoor acted in various plays with director Rajendra Nath.
Kapoor acted in several films between 1972 and 1991. Aakrant and Sweekar released in 1973. He acted with Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjeev Kumar in Farar (1975) and with Manoj Kumar in Kranti (1981). He also acted in the first full-length television feature film made in India – P. Kumar Vasudev's Guru (1975).
In television, he was the lead in Pratham Pratishruti, telecast on Doordarashan in 1990 and based on the book by Ashapurna Devi. With Sharukh Khan, he acted in Umeed (1989).
He briefly returned to acting in a short film A Trip to Egypt (2014).
- 1992 Nishchaiy
- 1991 Sajan
- 1990 Sailaab
- 1989 Paap Ka Ant
- 1989 Taaqatwar
- 1987 Vishaal
- 1986 Love 86
- 1985 Sarfarosh
- 1984 Phulwari
- 1983 Sun Meri Laila
- 1982 Ashanti
- 1982 Sun Sajna
- 1981 Commander
- 1981 Armaan
- 1981 Kranti
- 1980 Sitara
- 1979 Zulm Ki Pukaar
- 1976 Sajjo Rani
- 1976 Aarambh
- 1975 Faraar
- 1973 Sweekar
- 1973 Aakrant
- "Hrithik, Priyanka are at the top of their art form". The Times of India. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Zee TV ropes in Industry Experts to Train Actors". The Times of India. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "The New Dream Merchants". The Telegraph. 2 April 2005. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- Namit., Kapoor, Kishore (2004). For the actor you are the instrument you are the player. Chaturvedi, Kamal Nayan. Mumbai: Egmont Imagination (India). ISBN 8128605356. OCLC 56368441.
- "Want to be the next Vivek, Hrithik". Rediff. 17 March 2004. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Books by Kishore Namit Kapoor". Amazon. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "He puts the sparkle in stars". The Hindu. 18 July 2002. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Kishore Namit Kapoor IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Acting Coach Now Faces The Camera Himself". The Times of India. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Polishing Uncut Diamonds in Mumbai's Acting Schools". The Sunday Guardian. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Guru Dronacharya of Film Actors Opens his Delhi Branch". Cinesangeet. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Bahaish Kapoor IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 25 July 2015.