|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||4,898 ft / 1,493 m|
Kisii Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKKS) is located in Suneka District, Kisii County, in the town of Suneka which is approx 8 km from Kisii Town a major commercial Hub, in southwestern Kenya, on the eastern shores of Lake Victoria, close to the International borders with Tanzania and Uganda.
Its location is approximately 251 kilometres (156 mi), by air, northwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are:0° 40' 21.00"S, 34° 41' 20.00"E (Latitude:-0.672500; Longitude:34.688890).
Kisii Airport is a small civilian airport, serving the southwestern Kenya'n town of Kisii, and surrounding communities. Situated at 4,898 feet (1,493 m) above sea level, the airport has a single asphalt runway 10-28 which measures 3,210 feet (980 m) in length.
Airlines and destinations
There is no regular, scheduled airline service to Kisii Airport at this time.
- "Distance between Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) and Kisii (Nyanza) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Elevation of Kisii Airport
- "Kisii Suneka Airstrip (HKKS) - Wikimapia". wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Kisii Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- List of Airports In Kenya
- Airport information for HKKS at Great Circle Mapper.