Garoonka Diyaaradaha Kismaayo
Terminal at Kismayo Airport
|Owner||Somali Civil Aviation Authority|
|Location||Lower Juba, Somalia|
|Elevation AMSL||49 ft / 15 m|
Kismayo Airport (IATA: KMU, ICAO: HCMK), also known as Kisimayu Airport, is an international airport serving Kismayo, the capital city of the Lower Juba region in Somalia. It is located in southern Jubaland, an autonomous region in Somalia.
In August 2013, the Kismayo Airport was officially brought under the Juba Interim Administration. Per agreement, management of the facility was scheduled to be transferred to the Federal Government of Somalia after a period of six months. Revenues and resources generated from the airport will also be earmarked for Jubaland's service delivery and security sectors as well as local institutional development.
Airlines and destinations
- "KISMAYO" (PDF). Operation Somalia: Airfield Specifications. Logistics Cluster. 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 November 2013.
runway: 2000m x 50mExternal link in
- "Aeronautical chart Kisimayu (HCMK)". SkyVector. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Airport information for HCMK". DAFIF. October 2006.
- "Kismayu Airport (IATA: KMU, ICAO: HCMK), Somalia". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Airport Code Search (KMU: Kisimayu)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Istanbul conference on Somalia 21 – 23 May 2010 – Draft discussion paper for Round Table "Transport infrastructure"" (PDF). Government of Somalia. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Somalia: Jubaland gains recognition after intense bilateral talks in Ethiopia". Garowe Online. 28 August 2013. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
|This article about an airport in Somalia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|