A sign welcomes passengers to Kissimmee Amtrak station
|Location||111 East Dakin Avenue
Kissimmee, FL 34741
|Owned by||CSX Transportation|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| Lynx Intermodal Facility
Located at 108 Church St.
Located at 103 East Dakin Ave.
|Parking||Adjacent to Station|
|Passengers (2013)||44,906 7.5% (Amtrak)|
Kissimmee station is a train station in Kissimmee, Florida. It is served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system of the United States. The station opened in 1883, and has served several different railroads; it is scheduled to become a stop on the SunRail commuter rail system in 2018. It is the closest Amtrak station to Walt Disney World.
Kissimmee station was originally built as a South Florida Railroad Depot 1883, and was also a junction for the St. Cloud and Sugar Belt Railway and the original Florida Midland Railroad, all three of which were eventually acquired by the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. It was replaced by an Atlantic Coast Line Depot in 1910, which is the building that remains to this day. The station was restored in 1976, but suffered some damage to the canopy during the 2004 Atlantic hurricane season that was repaired within two years. Sometime prior to 1990, it also contained a separate Railway Express Agency building, that was previously the site of the original South Florida Railroad depot.
Kissimmee Station is located across from a small Greyhound bus stop on the corner of Dakin Avenue and Thurman Street. Its one platform crosses Dakin Avenue and runs as far west as Monument Avenue. The section of this platform between Monument and Dakin Avenues once ran along a former segment of Thurman Street which is now an apartment complex and parking garage.
Future SunRail service
The Kissimmee Amtrak station is planned to be a stop on the Phase 2 expansion of the SunRail commuter rail system, expected to open early 2018. To accommodate this new service, the station will undergo numerous upgrades, including the addition of a 381 space park and ride lot, bus drop off area and the addition of a second platform and track. These additions are also integrated into the city of Kissimmee's long-range plans for an intermodal center.
- Lynx; #10, #18, #26, #55, #56, #57, #108, #208, #407, #441, #632.
- Greyhound Lines; Service to Miami and points to the South and New York City, Washington D.C., Boston and Intermediate points to the North.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Florida" (PDF). Amtrak. December 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2014. External link in
- Kissimmee, Florida (KIS) - Great American Stations. Accessed March 12, 2013.
- "Phase 2 South Stations |". corporate.sunrail.com. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- Kissimmee Amtrak Station Proposal(SunRail)
- "KISSIMMEE INTERMODAL STATION" (PDF). LYNX. 2016-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04. Check date values in:
- Media related to Kissimmee (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons