Kissing You (Girls' Generation song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rhythmer Remix Edition
|Single by Girls' Generation|
|from the album Girls' Generation|
|Released||January 13, 2008|
March 11, 2008 (Remix Single)
|Genre||K-pop, Teen-pop, Bubblegum Pop|
11:49 (Remix Single)
|Songwriter(s)||Lee Jae Myung|
|Girls' Generation singles chronology|
"Kissing You" is the third single by South Korean girl group Girls' Generation, from their debut album, Girls' Generation (2007). Released in early 2008, the single hit number one on both SBS's The Music Trend and Mnet's M! Countdown. The song was also the "Song of the Month" in February 2008 on KBS's Music Bank.
The music video featured a cameo from Super Junior's Donghae as the shared love interest. The video followed a candy theme, with the group members dressed in white and dancing whilst holding a lollipop (both concepts that also feature in live performances of the song, including covers by other groups.) The music video was released on January 14, 2008.
Rhythmer Volume 1 remix single
In January 2008, it was announced that people could submit their remixes of "Kissing You" to a website for a chance to have them officially released. The four chosen remixes were then digitally released in March 2008. The Skool Rock Remix Version, the top choice in the competition, was included in the re-release of their debut album, Baby Baby (2008).
- Digital download
- "Kissing You" – 03:18
- Kissing You – Rhythmer Remix, Volume 1
- "Kissing You" (Skool Rock Remix) (by 정구현) – 03:06
- "Kissing You" (House Remix) (by 기현석) – 02:58
- "Kissing You" (Groovy Candy Remix) (by Philtre) – 02:57
- "Kissing You" (Funk Remix) (by shoon) – 03:21
Awards and nominations
Music programs awards
|SBS's Inkigayo||February 3, 2008|
|February 17, 2008|
|Mnet's M Countdown||February 14, 2008|
|February 28, 2008|
|KBS2's Music Bank||February 29, 2008|
The song has been covered by other K-Pop groups multiple times, including live on Korean music shows as part of special stages:
- By Wonder Girls on the July 4th, 2008 edition of Music Bank. This was one half of a song trade where both groups covered one song by the other group, with Girls' Generation also covering Tell Me on the same show.
- By SM labelmates F(x), in conjunction with Seohyun and Sooyoung, on the New Year's Day 2010 edition of Music Bank. Jessica's younger sister Krystal, a member of F(x) since their debut, sang Jessica's parts.
- By Lovelyz on the May 19th, 2016 edition of M Countdown.
- By TWICE Dahyun, Red Velvet Yeri, Lovelyz Kei, Gfriend Umji, Oh My Girl Arin, (G)I-DLE Yuqi on the 2018 edition of KBS Gayo Daechuje
- Kim, Hyeong-wu (February 15, 2008). "소녀시대 인기가요 이어 엠카도 1위 등극 (Girls' Generation Hits#1 on M! Countdown After Topping The Music Trend)". ISPlus, Newsen (in Korean). Jcube Interactive. Archived from the original on July 10, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- (in Korean)"소녀시대, `뮤직뱅크` 1위에 감격의 눈물 펑펑 (Girls' Generation Overwhelmed at Music Bank #1, Tears Overflow)" (in Korean). Maeil Gyeongjae. February 29, 2008. Archived from the original on February 24, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- Kim, Hyeong-wu (January 18, 2008). "소녀시대 막대사탕춤 '키싱유' 힙합 리믹스 재탄생 (Girls' Generation's "Lollipop" Song "Kissing You" Reborn)" (in Korean). ISPlus, Newsen. Archived from the original on July 10, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- "소녀시대, 13일 리패키지 앨범 'Baby Baby' 출시 (Girls' Generation Release Repackaged Album Baby Baby on the 13th)". The Chosun Ilbo. March 12, 2008. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- "Baby Baby (Repackaged) by Girls' Generation". iTunes US. Apple. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- ""Kissing You" Rhythmer Remix, Vol. 1 - EP by Girls' Generation". iTunes US. Apple. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- "이효리 2관왕, 분야망라한 ★들의 하모니(엠넷 20's 초이스 종합) (The Results Of Mnet 20s Choice )" (in Korean). StarNews. August 23, 2008. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- Music Bank July 4, 2008 - Special Stage: Kissing You (originally by Girls' Generation) - Wonder Girls YouTube (originally broadcast by KBS)
- Music Bank July 4, 2008 - Special Stage: Tell Me (originally by Wonder Girls) - Girls' Generation YouTube (originally broadcast by KBS)
- Music Bank January 1, 2010 - Special Stage: Kissing You (originally by Girls' Generation) - Seohyun, Sooyoung and F(x) YouTube (originally broadcast by KBS)
- M Countdown Episode 474 (May 19, 2016) Special Stage: Kissing You (originally by Girls' Generation) - Lovelyz Mnet K-Pop on YouTube
|This 2000s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|