Kisumu International Airport
|Kisumu International Airport|
|Operator||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||3,796 ft / 1,157 m|
Kisumu International Airport is an airport in Kisumu, Kenya (IATA: KIS, ICAO: HKKI). It is the third-busiest airport in Kenya and the country's fourth international airport. Although classified as an international airport, scheduled passenger service is available only to Nairobi and Mombasa. The airport is set for a second phase of a 4.9 billion shilling expansion that will include the construction of a parallel taxiway, cargo apron and associated facilities.
Airlines and destinations
|East African Safari Air||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
|Jambo Jet||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
|Kenya Airways||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
|Silverstone Air||Nairobi-Wilson Airport, Mombasa-Moi|
|Freedom Airline Express Limited||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Global Take-Off Soon for Kisumu Airport". allAfrica.com. 14 July 2011.
- Kenya Airports Authority (21 February 2018). "Silverstone Air Launches Kisumu – Mombasa Direct Flights". Nairobi: Kenya Airports Authority. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Ojina, Elizabeth (14 May 2018). "Freedom Airline launches flights to Kisumu airport". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
Media related to Kisumu Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Kenya Airports Authority – Kisumu Airport
- Airport information for HKKI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
-  Kibaki opens upgraded Kisumu Airport