This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Antonio José Muñoz y Valcárcel|
19 November 1958
Sidi Ifni, Morocco
|Occupation||Navigator, scientist, sociological explorer|
|Spouse(s)||Princess Kalina of Bulgaria (m. 2002)|
|Children||Simeón Hassan Muñoz|
Luis Muñoz y Cebrián |
Isabel Valcárcel y Muñoz
Inspired by Thor Heyerdahl, Muñoz made three attempts to cross the Pacific Ocean, two of which failed, and one failed attempt to cross the Atlantic Ocean to prove that ancient seafarers sailing in reed boats could have crossed the oceans before the European expeditions of the 15th century.
On 26 October 2002 he married Princess Kalina of Bulgaria, daughter of Simeon II of Bulgaria. The Royal wedding was the subject of a television documentary. Their son, Simeon Hassan Muñoz, was born on 14 March 2007 in Sofia, Bulgaria. In 2015, Muñoz, Kalina, and their son were living near Rabat, in Morocco.
- "Spanish adventurer crosses Pacific in reed boat". CNN. REUTERS. 13 May 1999. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Paloma Barrientos, Kalina de Bulgaria, la hermana transgresora de Kardam dated 04.12.2015 at elvonfidencial.com
- Kitín Muñoz UNESCO page
- Kitín & Kalina Netty's Royalty Page about the wedding
- Kitin Muñoz sets out for a new maritime challenge Information on "Mata Rangi III" expedition
- Kitín Muñoz, un aventurero en los mares del sur Information on the "Uru" expedition in Spanish
- Kitín Muñoz mini-bio in Spanish
- Obituary of his father in Spanish
- Obituario of his mother in Spanish
|This article about an explorer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|