Kit Carson House
Kit Carson House
Front of the house
|Location||Kit Carson Ave.,
Taos, New Mexico
|Area||less than one acre|
|NRHP Reference #||66000948|
|Added to NRHP||October 15, 1966|
|Designated NHL||May 23, 1963|
Kit Carson, who died in Colorado, was buried in Kit Carson Park and Historic Cemetery in Taos. The 19 acre park is 1 1/2 blocks north of the Taos Plaza on Paseo Del Pueblo Norte. Aside from the cemetery of noteworthy residents of Taos, it is a park and picnic areas with facilities for walking, tennis, basketball, soccer and jogging.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Taos County, New Mexico
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New Mexico
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Historic Landmarks Survey, New Mexico" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Kit Carson House" (pdf). National Park Service. June 15, 1978. and Accompanying photos, exterior and interior, from 19 (32 KB)
- Note: A National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination document should be available upon request from the National Park Service for this site, but it appears not to be available on-line from the NPS Focus search site.
- Historic Taos: A Self-Guided Walking Tour of 22 Historic Taos Landmarks. Taos.org Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- Kit Carson Park and Historic Cemetery. Town of Taos. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kit Carson House.|
- Official website
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NM-111, "Kit Carson House, Kit Carson Avenue, Taos, Taos County, NM", 2 photos
|This article about a property in New Mexico on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Mexico museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|