The station entrance in February 2012
|Location||1-36-6 Ikebukuro-honchō, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-0011
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Distance||1.2 km from Ikebukuro|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||1 May 1934|
|Previous names||Tōbu Horinouchi (until 1947)|
|Passengers (FY2014)||8,921 daily|
Kita-Ikebukuro Station (北池袋駅 Kita-Ikebukuro-eki?, lit. "North Ikebukuro Station") is a railway station on the Tobu Tojo Line in Toshima, Tokyo, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway.
Kita-Ikebukuro Station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo. Located between Ikebukuro and Shimo-Itabashi, it is 1.2 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. Only "Local" (all-stations) trains stop at this station, with eight services per hour in each direction during the daytime.
The station consists of a single island platform serving two tracks. The platforms are connected to the station entrance located on the west side of the tracks by an underground passage.
|1||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Kami-Itabashi, Narimasu, and Shiki|
|2||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Ikebukuro|
|Tobu Tojo Line|
|TJ Liner: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid express: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station|
|Express: Does not stop at this station|
|Semi express: Does not stop at this station|
The station first opened on 1 May 1934 as Tōbu Horinouchi Station (東武堀之内駅?). This station was destroyed by fire on 14 April 1945 during Bombing of Tokyo in World War II, forcing its use to be suspended from 20 May, and then formally closed on 19 August 1947. The station reopened as Kita-Ikebukuro Station on 1 September 1951.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Kita-Ikebukuro Station becoming "TJ-02".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 8,921 passengers daily. The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
On 22 July 2003 at 00:01, an unidentified passenger sitting between the rails was killed by a passing train.
On 21 July 2006 at around 09:30, a woman in her forties was hit and killed by a down train after attempting to cross the Tojo Line No. 2 level crossing immediately to the south of the station after the barriers had closed. Her 9-year-old daughter survived with serious injuries.
- JR East Ikebukuro Depot
- Tokyo College of Transport Studies
- Showa Tetsudo High School
- Toshima Gakuin High school
- Toshima Ward Ikebukuro Library
- "Tobu Kita-Ikebukuro Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2016
- Kusamachi, Yoshikazu (April 2011). 関東大手私鉄ターミナルのお隣さん [Neighbouring stations to major private railway terminals in Kanto]. Japan Railfan Magazine. Vol. 51 no. 600. Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd. pp. 142–145.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2011. Archived from the original on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2012. Archived from the original on 23 August 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2013. Archived from the original on 25 April 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2014. Archived from the original on 30 October 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Sato, Yuichi (July 2011). 鉄道人身事故データブック2002-2009 [Railway Accident Data Book 2002-2009]. Japan: Tsugeshobo. p. 62. ISBN 978-4-8068-0620-2.
- 平成１８年度「踏切道における交通安全対策」 [2006 Level Crossing Accident Safety Measures] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Tokyo Road Safety Committee. February 2007. p. 30. Archived from the original (pdf) on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kita-Ikebukuro Station.|
- Kita-Ikebukuro Station information (Japanese)