This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kita-Nagano Station in May 2007
|Location||2-34-34 Nakagoe, Nagano-shi, Nagano-ken 381-0044|
|Elevation||365.4 m|
|Line(s)||■ Kita-Shinano Line|
|Distance||3.9 km from Nagano|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platforms|
|Opened||1 September 1898|
|Previous names||Yoshida Station (until April 1957)|
|Passengers (FY2013)||2,170 daily|
Kita-Nagano Station (北長野駅 Kita-Nagano-eki, lit. North Nagano Station) is a railway station on the Shinano Railway Kita-Shinano Line in Nakagoe, in the city of Nagano, Japan, operated by the third-sector railway operating company Shinano Railway. It is also a freight terminal for the Japan Freight Railway Company.
Kita-Nagano Station is served by the 37.3 km Kita-Shinano Line, and is 3.9 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Nagano Station. Some trains of the Iiyama Line also stop at this station.
|1||■ Kita-Shinano Line||for Toyono and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|■ Iiyama Line||for Togari-Nozawaonsen, Tōkamachi, and Echigo-Kawaguchi|
|2||■ Kita-Shinano Line||(Not normally used)|
|3||■ Kita-Shinano Line||for Nagano|
The station opened on 1 September 1898 as Yoshida Station (吉田駅). It was renamed Kita-Nagano Station on 1 April 1957. With the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of East Japan Railway Company (JR East).
From 14 March 2015, with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano to Kanazawa, local passenger operations over sections of the Shinetsu Main Line and Hokuriku Main Line running roughly parallel to the new Shinkansen line were reassigned to third-sector railway operating companies. From this date, Kita-Nagano Station was transferred to the ownership of the third-sector operating company Shinano Railway.
In fiscal 2013, while still under the control of JR East, the station was used by an average of 2,170 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Yoshida Elementary School
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 579. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Osano, Kagetoshi (March 2015). 北陸新幹線並行在来線各社の姿 [Guide to companies operating conventional lines alongside the Hokuriku Shinkansen]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 44 no. 371. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. pp. 28–33.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2013年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2013)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kita-Nagano Station.|
- Official website (in Japanese)