|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
West entrance in June 2005
|Location||1 Miyamachi, Yamagata, Yamagata
|Operated by||JR East|
|Passengers (FY2012)||1,538 daily|
Kita-Yamagata Station is served by the Ōu Main Line and Senzan Line, and is located 89.0 rail kilometers from the starting point of these lines at Fukushima Station. It also forms the terminus for the Aterazawa Line.
Kita-Yamagata Station is arranged in a "Y"-shaped configuration. The Ōu Main Line is served by a side platform and one side of an island platform. The other side of the island platform and an additional side platform are used by the Senzan Line. The Aterazawa Line connects to the station with a pair of opposed side platforms at an angle to the station building.
The station has a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
|1||■ Ōu Main Line||for Shinjō, Yamagata, and Fukushima|
|2||■ Ōu Main Line||not in normal use|
|3||■ Senzan Line||for Yamagata and Sendai|
|4||■ Senzan Line||not in normal use|
|5||■ Aterazawa Line||for Yamagata|
|6||■ Aterazawa Line||for Yamagata, Sagae, and Aterazawa|
|Ōu Main Line (Yamagata Line)|
Kita-Yamagata Station opened on 20 July 1921 as a station on the Aterazawa light railway line. Services on the Ōu Main Line began on 11 September 1927 and on the Senzan West Line from 17 October 1933. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987.
In fiscal 2012, the station was used by an average of 1,538 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Manneken Pis in front of the east entrance
- Yamagata Civic Athletic Field
- Yamagata-ken Gokoku Shrine
- Chōkai Gassan Ryōshogū Shrine
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. pp. 529, 546. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2012年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2012)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2011年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kita-Yamagata Station.|
- JR East Station information (Japanese)