Kitachō Station in 2008
Kitachō, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa-ken 760-0080|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Kōtoku Line|
|Distance||6.7 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Designated parking area for bikes|
|Opened||1 November 1986|
The station consists of a side platform serving a single track. There is no station building and the station is unstaffed but a shelter is provided on the platform for waiting passengers and a "Tickets Corner" (a small shelter housimng an automatic ticket vending machine) is installed. A parking area for bicycles is provided near the station entrance.
Japanese National Railways (JNR) opened Kitachō on 1 November 1986 as a temporary stop on the existing Kōtoku Line. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, JR Shikoku assumed control and the stop was upgraded to a full station.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "木太町駅" [Kitachō]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 28, 66. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Kitachō Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "木太町駅" [Kitachō Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 648. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 215–216. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kitachō Station.|
|This Kagawa Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|