|Elevation||4,990 ft (1,520 m)|
Kitagata is located in Sheema South County, Sheema District. The town lies on the Kasese-Ntungamo Highway, approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi), south of Ishaka, Bushenyi District, the nearest large town. This location lies approximately 33 kilometres (21 mi), north of Ntungamo, Ntungamo District. The coordinates of Kitagata are:0° 40' 21.00"S, 30° 9' 18.00"E (Latitude:-0.6725;00; Longitude:30.1550).
The population of Kitagata is not publicly known at this time.
The landmarks within the town limits or near the town borders include:
- The offices of Kitagata Town Council
- Kitagata Central Market
- The Ntungamo-Kasese Highway - The highway passes through the center of town in a north-south direction.
- Kitagata Hospital - A public 120-bed hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health, located on the Kitagata-Rukungiri Road, just west of the center of town.
Other points of interest
- Kitagata Secondary School - A public, mixed, non-residential secondary school (S1 - S4)
- Kitagata Hot Springs - Located approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from the town center, they are two adjacent hot springs Ekyomugabe and Mulago, with water temperatures as hot as 80 °C (176 °F)
- Location of Kitagata At Google Maps
- Uganda Ministry of Local Government
- Mitooma District Homepage
- About Kitagata Hospital In 2006