Kitani Mohabbat Hai
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kitani Mohabbat Hai|
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
Fatima Rangila & Vandana Tewari
Rekkha Modi & Mukul Shrivastava
|Directed by||Anil V. Kumar, Sangieta Rao, Fahad Kashmiri, Muzammil Desai, Anoop Choudhary & V.G Roy|
|Creative director(s)||Vikas Gupta, Sanchi Bawa, Sandiip Sikcand & Prashant Bhatt
asso. creative head
Swati Rai, Priyanka Mehrotra & Shravan Pundeer
|Opening theme||"Kitani Mohabbat Hai" by Aishwarya Nigam and Manjera Ganguly|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||170|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Veerdhaval Purnaik, Deepak Malwankar, Balu Dahifale & Ashish Sharma|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma & Sandeep Bhatt|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||NDTV Imagine|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),|
|Original release||19 January – 25 September 2009|
|Followed by||Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2|
Kitani Mohobbat Hai (Hindi: कितनी मोहब्बत है) (English: How much I love you) is an Indian soap opera which aired on Imagine TV from 19 January 2009 until its end on 25 September 2009. Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2 started airing on 1 November 2010. Season 2 is not a continuation; it stars the same leads in a different story.
This story starts with a man in jail who does not want to get a bail. Ganga Rai, a lawyer, wants to share his story with the world.
Arjun Punj, son of entrepreneur D K Punj was an arrogant business tycoon and lived with his father and their business partner Mohan Mittal's family.
Arjun meets Aarohi Sharma, who aspires to become a singer. She lives with her father, Hari Prasad Sharma, who runs a school, Gurukul, and her sisters, Sur and Antara, her widowed sister-in-law, Purvi, and her indifferent brother and his conspiring wife. She soon gets the job of being Arjun's associate to support her family. Although Arjun hates women because his mother left him and his father when he was a child, he can't help but fall in love with Aarohi. Aarohi too realises Arjun's arrogance and temper is just a mask, and falls for him. After many fights and romance, everything looks perfect for the two.
Meanwhile, Mohan Mittal's son, Salil Mittal falls for the widowed Purvi Hanish Sharma, and manages to convince his parents to ask for her hand. The Mittals want Hari Prasad's land and thus agree, while still planning to break their alliance. On the wedding day, they reveal Purvi's a widow, insult her family, hoping to sabotage the marriage, but Salil doesn't give in and weds Purvi anyway.
It then turns out that Arjun's mother, Savita Punj, is Aarohi's godmother, who is close to the Sharma family. When Arjun comes to know the truth, he thinks Aarohi and his mother are after his money and is heartbroken. He becomes cold again and agrees to get engaged to Natasha, Mohan Mittal's daughter. On their engagement night, Arjun insults Aarohi and his engagement too is called off. Also, Arjun's mother reveals that his father was at fault for her departure, not her, which hurts Arjun as he was devoted to his father. He also rushes to apologise to Aarohi but they both meet with an accident, putting her life in danger.
After she recovers (with Arjun's help), Aarohi leaves her hometown, Shimla, for Mumbai to achieve her dream of becoming a singer, where she meets a music composer, Karan, who also falls in love with her and later asks for her hand. Arjun also leaves his house to help Aarohi, following which they meet often, live together and finally reunite. After many hustles, Aarohi's father gives in to their relationship, but Arjun's father blackmails Aarohi about revealing to Arjun how he's adopted which makes Aarohi accept Karan's proposal and reject Arjun.
On the wedding day, Arjun kidnaps Aarohi to prevent her from marrying Karan. Aarohi's father tries to negotiate with him but slips off the roof and dies. Aarohi fails to trust Arjun and he's accused and arrested for murder.
Back to the present, Ganga Rai tries to persuade Aarohi in vain, to stop Arjun's hanging. Coincidentally, Padmalakshmi Mittal lets slip a CD showing Arjun's innocence which lands in Aarohi's hands. She rushes and manages to save Arjun exactly at the last moment, but decides to stay away from him remembering his father's deal.
Arjun decides to return to Shimla where he met Aarohi to live in seclusion. As fate would have it, Aarohi decides to do the same and retire there. They meet on the train and happily reconcile, after which they finally get married.
- Karan Kundra - Arjun Punj (male lead, Aarohi's husband and love-interest)
- Kritika Kamra - Aarohi Arjun Punj (female lead, Arjun's wife and love-interest)/Aarohi Hariprasad Sharma/Akshita Sharma
- Hiten Tejwani - Karan Singh (temporary parallel male lead, Aarohi's ex-fiance)
- Rakshanda Khan - Ganga Rai (lawyer of Arjun)
- Satyajit Sharma - D K Punj (Arjun's father)
- Papiya Sengupta/Neena Gupta - Savita Punj (Arjun's mother, Arohi's 'Badi Ma')
- Veerendra Saxena - Hari Prasad Sharma (Aarohi's father)
- Shresth Kumar - Salil Mittal (best friend of Arjun, oldest son of the Mittals and love interest of Purvi)
- Pooja Gaur - Purvi Hanish Sharma/ Purvi Salil Mittal (Aarohi's sister-in-law (widowed), later married to Salil)
- Akshita Kapoor - Antara Sharma (Aarohi's sister)
- Sonam Mann - Sur Sharma / Sur Abhay Singh(Aarohi's youngest sister, later Abhay's wife)
- Sheeba Chadha - Padmalakshmi Mittal (mother of Salil, Aman, Nikhil and Natasha, wife of Mohan Mittal)
- Mihika Verma - Natasha Mittal (Salil, Aman and Nikhil's sister and Arjun's fiancee)
- Sudha Shivpuri - Bua (Aarohi, Antara, and Sur's paternal aunt)
- Mrinal Dutt - Aman Mittal (Salil, Nikhil and Natasha's brother)
- Ayaz Ahmed - Abhay (Karan Singh's employee and Sur's husband)
- irfan razaa khan as vikas gupta
- Priya Bathija - Mallika (singer who worked with Karan Singh)
The show was well received by the audience that new season was started soon after the first season got over titled Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2.